Watermelon Salsa: Watermelon is tossed with bright lime juice, fresh cilantro and salty feta for a perfect summer salsa. Pair with Blue Corn Chips for a festive red, white and blue appetizer.
Can you believe this week we will be celebrating fourth of July?!!!
I feel like I have blinked and summer is half-way over!
While I may not coordinate my wardrobes for the holidays, I love to coordinate my food with the holidays!!
There are so many fabulous ideas floating around for the 4th of July–it so fun to come up with a festive meal plan, but slightly harder to keep the food free from artificial coloring and ingredients–such a bummer!
This super simple dip highlights the flavors of summer with watermelon, while creating a beautiful dip that looks extremely festive served with blue corn chips of any kind.
Have you ever tried watermelon with salt before?
Then you know exactly why this dip will work so well!! Watermelon is great in both sweet and savory dips and pairs great with anything salty.
This easy dip is refreshing and quick to throw together! Not to mention, it is unexpected and delightful twist on classic salsa and sure to be a welcome addition to your 4th of July party.
- 3 cups watermelon, diced into ¼" cubes
- ½ seedless cucumber, diced
- ½ white onion, diced
- juice of 1 lime (or lemon in a pinch!)
- ¼-1/2 cup crumbled feta (I like a lot, some people prefer just a touch)
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Toss ingredients together and serve immediately.
Remember my natural Memorial Day Treats?
Well here are a few ideas I had for that holiday, to continue to spark your creativity:
Start the day with a healthy celebration. Top these Whole Wheat Waffles with strawberries and blueberries (and maybe even a dollop of yogurt)
Cut out watermelons as stars and put on skewers with blueberries.
If you are looking for other Red, White and Blue fun naturally, check out these recipes from some of my favorite bloggers.
- All natural Popsicle Rockets from “Around My Family Table.”
- Red, White and Blue Pancakes from “The Healthy Maven.”
- From “Taste and Tell,” a simple American Flag breakfast.
- Delicious Triple Berry Lemon Cookie Cups from “Spoonful of Flavor.”
- Red, White & Blue Watermelon Salad from “Five Heart Home.”
- Simply adorable Flag Pizza from “Bev Cooks.”
- 4th of July Fruit Wands from “Baker’s Royale”
So break our your Holiday Spirit and show America some love with this food 🙂