Bacon Ranch Potato Salad: Red potatoes, crispy bacon, sharp scallions, and a homemade Ranch dressing made with Blue Plate® Light Mayonnaise with Greek Yogurt is sure to become your new favorite pot-luck go-to! Thank you for Blue Plate® Mayonnaise for sponsoring this post.
My southern friends are shocked to hear that I am not much of a mayo fan.
I would rather have avocado or mustard on a BLT. Crazy, huh?
The truth is that I don’t like mayonnaise plain. I need it to be flavored up a bit!! I love a good potato salad, chicken salad or egg salad. And hello–that is a lot of mayo!
But I can not eat those picnic delights to my heart’s content because they have way too much fat for my body to handle.
For years, I have been cutting the mayo in half in chicken salad and egg salad and substituting the other half with Greek yogurt. I no longer have to do that–Blue Plate® Mayonnaise has done that for me! by creating Blue Plate® Light Mayonnaise with Greek Yogurt!
And I love it! Plus, now I don’t have to cringe when my husband slathers everything in site with mayonnaise!
Upon first discovering Blue Plate Light Greek, I knew exactly what I wanted to make: potato salad. Bacon Ranch Potato Salad to be exact–so I could flavor up that mayo and make this salad sing with flavor!
This salad is a winner. Such a winner, my husband choose a second serving of this Bacon Ranch Potato Salad instead of a second burger—um, you guys that is huge! Like really huge!! That man LOVES his burgers.
What makes this salad so good, besides the bacon, is the homemade ranch seasoning.
You MUST make this for your next BBQ or cookout or picnic. Your friends are begging you to, your taste buds are begging you to!!
- 3 pounds red potatoes, scrubbed and quartered
- 1 cup Blue Plate® Light Mayonnaise Greek Yogurt (or ½ cup Mayo and ½ cup plain Greek Yogurt)
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons homemade ranch seasoning
- 4 slices nitrate free bacon, cooked until crisp
- 1 cup freshly diced chives (or scallions)
- Place potatoes in large saucepan. Cover with cold water and salt with 2 teaspoons kosher salt. Bring to a boil and boil until just fork tender. Drain and allow to cool slightly.
- While potatoes are cooling, mix together the remaining ingredients. Add potatoes and toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours for flavors to blend. It is best overnight.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Blue Plate® Mayonnaise.