Blueberry and Watermelon Arugula Salad: Peppery tender arugula is tossed with sweet watermelon, juicy blueberries, salty feta cheese, and finished with a balsamic glaze for one flavorful, festive salad. #SundaySupper
I am giddy about today’s Sunday Supper Theme: Easy to Make Patriotic 4th of July Recipes. You all know I LOVE to play with my food and make things festive. From making our breakfast toast look like a flag, to the classic flag cake–I always am sure each meal and snack coordinates with the holiday. My husband and middle schooler may roll their eyes, but I know they secretly like it.
And now with the help of my genius Sunday Supper family, we have more than enough EASY ways for you to add a little festivity to your 4th of July celebration.
My contribution is a Blueberry and Watermelon Arugula Salad. This salad packs as much flavor as a red, white and blue firework display. Salty, sweet, tangy, and sharp all in one bite. Plus it comes together in about 5 minutes. Faster than a small town firework display 😉
Seriously, the fruit pairs cuts through the peppery arugula and the feta adds enough salty flavor to make your tastebuds sing. Finished with a thick balsamic drizzle for a final rich note. Seriously perfection. And of course with the red from the watermelon, blue from the blueberries and white from the feta–it fits into my themed 4th of July menu.
- 6 ounces baby arugula, washed and dried
- 1 pint blueberries, washed and dried
- 2 cups diced watermelon, seeded
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup thick balsamic vinegar
- Toss arugula, blueberries, watermelon and feta together. Drizzle with balsamic right before serving.
- Alternatively, you can reduce ½ cup traditional basamic vinegar over medium heat until reduced to half.
I can’t wait to get cooking for the big day tomorrow and know I will find more than enough inspiration from this great line up of recipes!
- Honey Berry Blue Cheese Ball by Magnolia Days
- How to make Chicken Yakitori in Skewers for #SundaySupper by Asian In America
America the Beautiful Beverages
Raise the Flag Breakfasts
- Breakfast Cake Stars with Strawberry Syrup by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Red, White, and Blue Berrylicious Smoothie Bowl by The Hungry Goddess
For the Red, White and Blue Salads and Main Dishes
- Bang Bang Pork Chops by Wholistic Woman
- Blueberry and Watermelon Arugula Salad by A Mind Full Mom
- Blueberry Barbecue Sauce for Red, White and Blue Chicken Skewers by Caroline’s Cooking
- Firecracker Hot Dogs by Sunday Supper Movement
- Founder’s Mac and Cheese by Cooking Chat
- Pumped Up Potato Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Red Hot Chicken and Blue Cheese Bites by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Red White & Blue Caprese Salad by Go Epicurista
- Red White and Blue Fruit Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Red, White, and Blue Salad by Simple and Savory
- Watermelon Salad with Feta & Blueberries by Monica’s Table
- Yankee Doodle Noodle Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Oh Say Can You See Desserts
- All-American Patriotic Dessert Tarts by Family Around The Table
- Berry Cheesecake Flag Dessert by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cherry Vanilla Poke Cake by Cookin’ Mimi
- Easy (No Bake!) Two Bite Berry Pies by Cooking With Carlee
- Firecracker Muddy Buddies by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Flag Fruit Pizza by Dash of Evans
- Homemade Snow Cones by Palatable Pastime
- Patriotic M&M Cookie Bars by Alida’s Kitchen
- Patriotic Smoothie Pops by Crazed Mom
- Red, White, and Blue Berry Pound Cake Bites by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Red, White and Blue Fruit Kabob Flag by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Red, White, and Blue Fruit Tart by Life Tastes Good
- Red, White and Blue Granita by Dessert Geek
- Red, White, and Blue M&M Cookies by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Red White and Blue Parfaits by Desserts Required
- Red, White and Blue Popsicles by Our Good Life
- Red, White, and Blue Rice Krispie Treats by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Red, White and Blue Shooting Stars by The Freshman Cook
- Red White and Blue Strawberries with Chantilly Cream by Pine Needles In My Salad
- Rice Krispies Treat Birthday Cake by Pies and Plots
- Rosemary Cookies with Tomato Jam by The Finer Cookie
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.