All the big, bold flavors of beloved Buffalo Chicken in pizza form. This cheesy, spicy pizza is cooled down with a fresh ranch slaw made with carrots and cucumbers. Pizza. Can you EVER have enough?! Not in this household. We could eat pizza nearly everyday of the week and not get sick of it. It of course helps that there are endless varieties of pizza that can be created.
Buffalo Chicken. Yet one more thing I just don’t think we would ever get sick of in this house. We frequently make Buffalo Chicken Bake , Buffalo Chicken Salad, Buffalo Wings, and Buffalo Chicken Tacos. You can surely tell it is one of our favorite flavor combos.
So it seemed perfectly logical to combine two of our favorites into one INSANE creation. It had been done before, many times. In fact, we love to order a Buffalo Chicken Pizza from a specialty pizza joint. However, had it been done with a slaw on top? Well, I loved my pizzas with salad on top (remember my Margherita Pizza with Arugula Salad?) I also top my Buffalo Chicken Tacos with a ranch slaw, so this seemed like a good idea.
I was right, this was a REALLY GOOD IDEA!
We started with a homemade pizza dough, but any 1 pound of your favorite dough will do just fine. I topped it with one pound of shredded chicken that had been simmered in the crock pot with Buffalo Sauce (I love Frank’s Hot Sauce) and a bit of chicken stock, of course you can just toss some shredded rotisserie chicken or leftover grilled chicken with the sauce–I like to make tons of Buffalo Chicken at a time and freeze in 1 pound portions to have on hand for all our favorite meals. And then cheese. How can you have pizza without cheese? I used a sharp cheddar and mozzarella combo for the best melting and flavor combo.
This alone is enough to be a mouthwatering pizza. But then, when you add something a little fresh to it, WOW!!! Plus, you get a serving of veggies in!
So the slaw was simply carrots and cucumbers tossed together with a homemade Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing. Of course, if you want to be traditional, throw in some diced celery, but that doesn’t fly so well with my kiddos.
And there you have it. One exceptional way to enjoy Pizza Night.
- 1 pound pizza dough
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- ½ cup Buffalo Hot Sauce
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded (fresh sliced Mozzarella is even better)
- 2 carrots, peeled and shredded (in long strips in food processor)
- 2 cucumbers, peeled, seeded and shredded (in long strips in food processor)
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Roll out pizza dough to about ¼ inch thickness.
- Toss the cooked chicken with the hot sauce and spread generously over the pizza dough. Cover with cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until crust is browned evenly and cheese is fully melted.
- While pizza is baking, combine yogurt with seasonings and stir until well combined. Toss with the cucumber and carrots.
- Top pizza with the slaw and enjoy!