Chicken Pesto Pizza with Artichokes and Sweet Peppers: A quick and flavorful pesto flatbread topped with freshly sautéed chicken, artichokes, and peppers and finished with Parmesan Cheese. Plus a review of Dinner Thyme.
*This was a sponsored post in collaboration with the Association of Food Bloggers and Dinner Thyme, but all opinions expressed are my own.
Last weekend I had the pleasure of a Girls Night Out with one of my childhood friends who had flown into my area for business. As we sat over dinner and caught up, she jokingly said to me that I needed to send her all the ingredients to just make my recipes. She is often traveling during the week and she shared that coming home to an empty kitchen is overwhelming. She wants to eat at home when she is not in another city, but that means that she has to grocery shop AND cook. Not to mention she wants healthy meals that actually taste good.
I told her that while I am NOT set up to ship her ingredients from 3 states away, I did know of a great meal delivery service. One that would not only give her recipes and ingredients for healthy, fresh meals, but would also prep all the ingredients for her–no chopping! She literally would get to just cook with no prep-work and very little clean up–sounds like a pretty awesome set-up right?
Let me introduce you to Dinner Thyme. They are a custom meals service that caters to cooking and convenience. And everything is made fresh.
Each week, you select from a varied, seasonal menu, as many meals as you would like. The next week, you receive a cooler box filled with all the ingredients prepped and ready to be used within 4-7 days of delivery.
I was recently asked to try it out, and the timing could not be better as I was able to offer my dear friend a solution that worked for her needs.
- 2 pieces of Naan Bread
- 4 ounces chicken breast, cubed
- ¼ cup prepared pesto
- 1 teaspoon seasoning for chicken (or salt and pepper)
- 1 cup sliced artichokes and peppers
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- Turn oven to 400 degrees. Place the naan bread directly on rack with it is preheating for 5 minutes.
- While naan is oven, heat a medium non-stick skillet over medium-high heat with just enough oil to barely cover the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle the chicken with the seasoning. Cook chicken for 3-5 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, pull the naan bread from the oven and place it on a baking sheet Spread pesto on each slice of bread.
- Add in artichokes and peppers and saute for an additional 2 minutes. Assemble the pizza by topping the bread with the chicken mixture and the Parmesan cheese. Place back in the oven for 3-5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Remove pizza from oven and cut into slices.
I literally had my meal ready in less than 15 minutes!! And I felt like I indulged in the pizza alone with a glass of wine while my family was away–it was a bit of a luxurious treat for me and so much tastier and than most meals out!
Do I feel like Dinner Thyme is a solution for my family? No. I love to cook, create new recipes, and cook on a budget. Do I believe that Dinner Thyme is a solution for singles, traveling couples, empty nesters, or even families who want to eat at home but not be burdened with shopping and prepping? YES 100 TIMES!!
I know Dinner Thyme would be a great option for my friend, my mother-in-law who lives alone, my parents who both work long hours, and several young families that are too overwhelmed to cook every night of the week. I think these freshly prepared meals that are free from Carrageenan, MSG, and preservatives are a great option for all of those people. And at less than $12 per meal, it is cheaper than dining out and faster than even waiting in a drive-thru line.