Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cups: 5 Minutes and 5 Ingredients is all you need to have one of the tastiest treats around.
Are you ready for the EASIEST dessert ever?
This is it.
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cups
Aren’t these little guys beautiful? And they were made in less than 5 minutes!! My children were so delighted to find these at the end of their lunch today and I was delighted at how healthy these little dessert bites are!
I had salvaged a few remaining beautiful, perfectly ripened strawberries from the batch of berries my mother-in-law had gifted me (you can read about how I brought to life over-ripe strawberries and get a recipe for strawberry cheesecake pancakes here.)
So I wanted to do something creative with the measly 1 cup of berries I had, and this came to mind.
I started with mini phyllo cups that I had in my freezer. These cute little cups are perfect for appetizers and little sweet treats, not to mention keep portion size in check!
I scooped one teaspoon of plain Greek yogurt that I stirred a bit of vanilla extract into. Then topped with chopped strawberries and drizzled with melted dark chocolate. Simple, but such a delight!
And no need to feel an ounce of guilt indulging in these mini treats–even if you do eat the entire batch! They contain protein and calcium from the yogurt and antioxidants from both the strawberries and dark chocolate–with very little sugar. Perfect! I love when my kids are excited about desserts that I feel good about them eating. And these cuties made their afternoon!!
- 1 box of defrosted mini phyllo cups (they defrost in a matter of minutes!)
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup diced fresh strawberries
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chunks
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Mix the yogurt with the vanilla extract and spoon into each phyllo cup. Divide the chopped strawberries among the cups.
- Place the dark chocolate chunks into a small microwave safe dish and microwave at 50% power for 30 second intervals, stirring between intervals, until just melted (1-3 minutes based on your microwave). Stir in the coconut oil to keep the chocolate smooth and in liquid form.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the cups (I use a fork that I dip into the chocolate and go back and forth quickly over the mini cups.)
- Serve immediately.
Post has been updated with new pictures. Text remains the same.
Featured on Meal Plan Monday.