Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Sushi: Bananas are coated in peanut butter and dipped into a crunchy coating for a fun kid-friendly dessert “Sushi.”
For the record, sushi and I are NOT friends. I love the idea of picking up Sushi and hanging out watching TV with friends, BUT I hate it. I try it and gag. Seafood of ANY kind and I just don’t mix.
Sub out fish, seaweed, and rice for banana, peanut butter and crisp rice cereal and this girl is in heaven! As much as I hate seafood, I LOVE banana and peanut butter together. I could eat Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal every morning and snack on Peanut Butter Banana Muffins every afternoon.
What kid would NOT want to come home to this after-school snack?
And as a mom–I LOVE that this treat is on the healthier side too–just a few mini chocolate chips thrown in for good measure!
Of course you can dip the bananas in almond butter or sunflower seed butter and leave out the crushed peanuts if you prefer to avoid peanuts. And obviously the chocolate chips are optional–although, I think your kids would prefer you to leave them on!
Make the kids (and adults) happy and serve up this fun spin on sushi.
- 4 bananas, still relatively firm
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- ¼ cup chopped nuts
- In a shallow dish, heat up peanut butter for 30 seconds to become easier to spread.
- In another shallow dish combine cereal, chocolate chips, and nuts.
- Dip each banana into the peanut and coat fully, using a spoon if necessary to spread peanut butter over banana.
- Coat the banana with the cereal mixture.
- Transfer the banana to a plate and allow to set up in the fridge for 20 minutes or freezer for 5 minutes before slicing into 1 to 2 inch slices and serving.