Gluten Free Cinnamon Streusel Muffins: Temder, sweet muffins are swirled with cinnamon and topped with a delcioius Cinnamon Streusel. These muffins are gluten-free, dairy free and as delicious as any muffin you have ever had!
So awhile back, I posted on Instagram that I had been experimenting with Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1:1 Flour Blend and made some delicious Cinnamon Swirl Muffins. You guys went CRAZY hearing that and started begging me for the recipe.
ASAP turned into a few weeks, cause you know LIFE. Man, end of the school year is always CRAZY busy! Thanks for your patience, but I do think you will agree these Cinnamon Streusel Muffins were worth the wait!
Can I tell you how in love I am in with Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Flour? I have experimented with it on my Blueberry Muffins, used it in my Chicken Marsala and even tried pizza dough with it, all with great success. Where was this stuff when my son had a wheat allergy?!!! I even served these muffins to my friends who gave them rave reviews (and they are not gluten-free OR dairy-free). And my standard of whether or not a gluten-free, dairy-free recipe is blog worthy is whether or not people who are not accustomed to eating that way still enjoy.
And if you are NOT gluten-free, go ahead and make these Cinnamon Streusel Muffins with unbleached flour (it is an equal substitution). You can also use regular milk in place of the almond milk. I even tried these muffins with a flax seed substitute for eggs with success. TALK ABOUT AN ALLERGY FRIENDLY MUFFIN!
You MUST give these a try, anyway you decide to make them!
- 1½ cupsBob's Red Mill Gluten-Free Flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch salt
- ¾ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or regular milk)
- ⅓ cup canola oil, or melted coconut oil
- 2 eggs (or ⅓ cup water mixed with 2 tablespoons ground flax seed)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Crumb Topping:
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup solid coconut oil
- 1¼ cups Gluten Free Flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line muffin tin with paper liners orsilicone liners.
- In a large bowl, gently whisk flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt together.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk buttermilk, oil, eggs and vanilla until completely combined. Make a well in the center of dry mixture and pour in liquid. Mix until just combined.
- Scoop evenly into muffin liners.
- For the crumb topping, use 2 forks to combine cinnamon, sugars, salt and coconuut oil. until just crumbly. Sprinkle over each muffin.
- Bake muffins for 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into ceter come out dry.
More Yummy Muffin Recipes