Coconut Chia Granola: A simple homemade granola made with coconut, oats, chia seeds, and maple syrup. This granola is filled with plant-based nutrients and delicious taste and is vegan and gluten-free.
What does healthy eating mean to you?
To me it is simple: Eat a variety of foods that are made with real ingredients. Pretty broad, but truly that is the core of my belief when it comes to diet.
If I were to break it down further, I would go on to say that I focus heavily on plant-based foods–fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and plant-based proteins. Which can all be found easily and affordably at my local Kroger in their Natural Foods Section.
Everything I need to make my goal of eating healthy a reality can be found at Kroger, making it a great one stop-shop for me. I like to stock up on fruits, vegetables, whole grains, healthy fats, and Silk Milks.
Silk Milks have been a long time favorite of mine. They are soy-free, dairy-free, gluten-free, free from carrageenan and cholesterol and have zero added sugars (in the unsweetened varieties). Plus they pair perfectly with my morning coffee, oatmeal, and homemade granola, like this Coconut Chia Granola.
Granola is one of those things that is hard to buy. It is either filled with added sugars, sodium, and preservatives, or it costs an arm and a leg. By making it at home, you can can control what you put into it and make if for pennies.
Coconut Chia Granola is my new favorite variety. Which is kind of ironic, because up until I made this variety (for my coconut loving son), I swore I hated the texture of flaked coconut. I happen to love it in this granola!
Let’s talk about how healthy the ingredients for this Coconut Chia Granola are:
- Oats: A whole grain rich in fiber and is known to help lower blood pressure.
- Chia Seeds: Rich in Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Coconut Oil: A healthier fat that is free of cholesterol
- Maple Syrup: Lower glycemic index and rich in calcium, magnesium, and iron.
Serve this homemade granola with Silk Unsweetened Almond Coconut Milk and a sliced banana, you have a meal or a snack that is sure to fill you up and fuel you in a healthy way, thanks to Silk Coconut Milk’s hefty dose of protein.
- 3 cups oats
- ⅓ cup chia seeds
- ⅓ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Mix together oats, chia seeds, coconut, cinnamon and salt until well combined.
- Add in coconut oil and maple syrup and toss until the dry mixtures is coated with syrup and oil.
- Spread out onto large cooking sheet and bake for 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool and store in airtight container.
Coconut Chia Granola and Silk Unsweetened Almond Coconut Milk are a perfect match for taste and for health!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of WhiteWave Foods. The opinions and text are all mine.