Gluten Free Blender Pancakes
I have no need to be gluten free, in fact I love my carbs. I could live on a whole wheat bread and pasta. But I know so many people for various reasons have to cut the gluten out. And frankly, as much as I love carbs, I do think it is very important to eat a variety of foods in order to maximize nutrients.
So on to these pancakes. I LOVE them!!! I love them more than traditional pancakes by a long shot.
Bonus: they couldn’t be any easy or cheaper to make!!!
What?! Gluten-free that doesn’t require crazy flours or stabilizers–this is too good to be true.
There are many versions of these blender pancakes floating around on the web and I am sure all would work. This is the recipe that I have tweaked and found to come out perfect every time!!
- 1 cup oatmeal (be sure to use gluten free oats if needed)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk (any variety)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- dash cinnamon
- 2 ripe bananas, broken into chunks
- Preheat a greased skillet/griddler to medium heat.
- Dump everything into your blender and give it a whirl until everything is combined and oats are blended well. I like these pancakes thicker, but feel free to add a bit more liquid if desired.
- Pour about ¼ cup of batter onto skillet and cook until small bubbles form, about 4 minutes. Flip and cook 2-4 minutes a side.
- Top with your favorite pancake toppings and enjoy!!!