A special thank you to Minute Rice for sponsoring this post!
Grab and Go Moroccan Tajine: An easy skillet chicken and chickpea tajine that comes together in no time and then is frozen in individual portions that are perfect to pack with a Minute® Ready to Serve Rice.
There are days I dream about taking exotic trips around the world. Not because I want to see the different sceneries; while that would be nice–I care about the culinary adventures! I would love to explore ethnic cuisines all around the world and taste my way through the various countries.
Sadly, I am alone in my family. My husband only wants to visit beaches eat meat and potatoes. My kids, they would explore the world through pizza but that would be about it. So I am left alone to dream about Moo Gai Pan, Curries, Masalas and Tajines.
However, I have discovered that I can make these dishes in my kitchen in large quantities and freeze them in individual portions for me to be able to grab and heat for a quick culinary excursion to various countries.
My latest culinary adventure was to Morocco, where I noshed on Chickpea and Chicken Tagine.
In 20 minutes, I had created an authentic tasting Moroccan Tajine that would become a perfect grab and go lunch from my freezer. After creating this simple skillet meal, I froze the Chickpea and Chicken Tajine in silicone muffin liners.
So now when the whenever my taste buds caused my travel bug to get the itch, I could reach some Moroccan Tagine and a Minute Ready to Serve Rice and be transported away without a suitcase! Or just when a busy day hit and I needed a quick grab and go lunch!
I chose to serve my Tajine with Minute Rice Brown & Wild Rice, but there is Jasmine Rice or a Mulit-Grain Medley that would be fabulous with this easy skillet meal as well. And what I truly love about my muffin cup freezing tip and these Minute Rice cups is that it is the ultimate portion control. One Minute Rice, 2 Freezer Tajine Cups and a wholesome lunch is ready to go! It is as simple as placing the tajine cups into a microwave safe bowl and grabbing a Minute Rice from your pantry. Once lunch time hits, the tajine has defrosted and you just heat the rice and tajine for 60 seconds and mix together and lunch is done!!!
So easy. So tasty. No passport required!
- 1 pound boneless, skinless,chicken breast, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup sliced onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 14 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 14 ounce can chickpeas, drained
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- 3 packages any variety of Minute Ready to Serve Rice
- Toss chicken with dried spices. Set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook until soften and browned, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add in chicken and fresh ginger and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes, turning chicken to let it brown on all sides.
- Add in tomatoes, chickpeas, stock and raisins and bring to a boil. Reduce to medium and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool and then scoop into 12 silicone muffin liners. Freeze until solid (about 1-2 hours).
- Pop out of silicone liners and place in microwave safe bowl. Either microwave immediately for 2 minutes 30 seconds, or allow to defrost for lunch (like from 6 am to 12 noon) in insulated lunch bag and then heat for 60 seconds.
- Serve with Minute Ready to Serve Rice.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Minute® Ready to Serve Rice.