Grilled Mexican Corn: Sweet summer corn has been grilled and then tossed in a cilantro lime butter and crumbled queso fresco–for a messy, but tasty side dish.
Can we talk about corn on the cob for a minute?
There is little produce I look forward to more than perfectly fresh and juicy corn in the summer–from Skinny Corn Dip and Corn Salsa and of course grilled Corn on the Cob.
I have more than one picture of each of my children gnawing on a fresh cob when they barely had any teeth. They are like me, and just can’t get enough of fresh summer corn.
But associated with fresh corn on the cob is always a mess. Even with holders for the cobs available, my kids will still opt for their hands. Their fingers then get covered in salt and butter and buttery fingerprints are sure to be found on my table and chairs. Oh and the remnants of corn are ear to ear on each one of my kids’ faces.
Is the mess worth it?
In my book, yes!! Summertime corn just can’t be beat and thankfully with the help of Viva® Towel and Viva® Vantage® Towels that I purchased at Publix, I don’t have to worry about the inevitable mess. These towels seriously clean just like cloth. I am able to wipe hands, faces, table, and chairs free of evidence of corn!
So with the mess taken care of, let’s talk about corn again. Grilled Mexican Corn to be exact.
Talk about taking humble (but still delicious) fresh corn up a few notches!
First, I grill fresh corn to bring out it’s natural sweetness. When the corn comes off the grill, I roll it in a cilantro lime butter and and sprinkled with crumbled queso fresco cheese–because CILANTRO LIME BUTTER!!!!
You guys–this is a summer PERFECT side dish.
- 6 fresh ears of corn
- 3 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup crumbled queso fresco
- Remove husks from corn, or pull back full and remove all silk (as I did)
- Combine butter, cilantro, zest of lime, and salt together.
- Grill corn over medium-high heat until nice and golden with a few charred bits. Remove from grill and brush with butter mixture, or roll in butter mixture.
- Sprinkle with queso fresco and juice of fresh lime.