Okay, so I am a little obsessed with pumpkin at the moment.
If pumpkin is not your thing–sorry, I will share non-pumpkin recipes another day.
Oh and did I mention I think you are crazy?! Just Kidding!
Back to the pumpkin. Pumpkin Butter that is.
So simple. So quick.With ENDLESS USES!
Pumpkin Butter Uses:
- Slather it on toast, English muffins, Pumpkin Muffins, Apple Spice Bread,pancakes, or waffles.
- Stir into cooked oatmeal and top with chopped nuts.
- Steam some milk and stir in a tablespoon of the pumpkin butter and top with strong coffee–your own Pumpkin Spice Latte.
- Stir in a few tablespoons into the coating for french toast.
- Make a sharp cheddar quesadilla and dip into the pumpkin butter.
- Eat it by the spoonful.
I personally love it on my Apple Spice Bread:
It is fall in a bottle–and brings a warming spice to your soul and senses when you eat it.
And did I mention it is sweetened naturally with maple syrup and apple cider. You just can’t go wrong!
- 2 (15 oz) cans of pumpkin puree
- 1 cup apple cider
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tesapoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Place all ingredients into large saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 3 hours. Store in glass jars for up to 2 weeks.