This post was sponsored by Eat Smart as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own. I received product samples to facilitate my review.
Honey Lemon Chicken Skillet: One skillet and a few ingredients you are left with a perfectly glazed chicken that is moist, tender and bursting with flavor. Pair with an Eat Smart Gourmet Salad Kit in Sunflower Kale, and you are left with an easy, restaurant quality meal.
People often give me the excuse that eating healthy takes too much time. It is NOT true.
I understand that if you to eat at home it does in fact take a bit more time than ordering take-out, but it does not need to be complicated or time-consuming. With a few simple ingredients and one skillet, you can have a dinner on the table that will please your family but only take you moments to prepare.
It is a simple dish that comes together in less than 20 minutes and when paired with an Eat Smart Gourmet Salad Kit in Sunflower Kale, dinner is done. And not just a boring grilled chicken with a chopped salad. A fresh, vibrant chicken is paired with a hearty salad that is bursting with flavor from dried cranberries and a honey Dijon dressing. The dressing from the salad hints with the same flavors the chicken is singing with, so it makes a perfect pair.
So back to what I was stating earlier, eating healthy DOES NOT need to take you an enormous amount of time.
One key to minimizing the time spent in your kitchen is to pick up high quality pre-made ingredients from the grocery store for those busy evenings. Take these Eat Smart Gourmet Salad Kits.
I can say from personal experience, each salad is fabulous. These fun varieties gives ho-hum salads wow factor. I am in love with the Sweet Kale salad with brussels sprouts and could probably eat it every single day.
But the Eat Smart Gourmet Salad Kit in Sunflower Kale was the perfect pair to my Honey Lemon Chicken Skillet. The salad was bright and fresh and the entire meal sang with notes of lemon and honey. It is a meal that beats ANY take-out meal. And with one dish to clean up after dinner–there is NO excuse not to try this dinner out.
- 1 pound, boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 lemon, sliced
- ¼ cup chopped parsley (optional
- )1 lemon, sliced
- 1 Eat Smart Gourmet Sunflower Kale Salad Kit
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Sear chicken on both sides in skillet, for about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove to a plate.
- Whisk together the honey, lemon juice, chicken stock and Dijon together. Pour into skillet and whisk until boiling. Reduce to a low simmer and add chicken back in pan. Lay the lemon slices over the chicken, cover the skillet and let simmer for 10 mintues or until chicken is cooked through.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with Eat Smart Sunflower Kale Salad for a full meal.
Want some extra cash to help you with those grocery bills? Be sure like Eat Smart on Facebook and sign up for their monthly e-newsletter via the (AET) contest below. In the meantime, visit Eat Smart to locate which stores closest to you carry Eat Smart Gourmet Salad Kits. And Good Luck!
- I-C will randomly select winners from all program entries and will facilitate fulfillment of the winning prizes (10)
This recipe has been featured on Meal Plan Monday.