I have partnered with al fresco to create Jalapeno Chicken Tacos with Pineapple Salsa: Spicy al fresco All Natural Spicy Jalapeno Chicken Sausage is quickly charred and then topped with a simple fresh pineapple salsa and chipotle crema for a fresh and fast spin on a taco.
Tacos are pretty much the best food ever–am I right, or am I right?
The fillings are endless and then when you throw in the toppings–you are left with limitless combinations. In fact, my son and I were recently eating tacos out on a Mother-Son “Date Night” and he read a sign that said over 1 billion combinations just from their small menu!!! Seriously it is mind-boggling to think of all the endless ways to create or re-create the humble taco into anything but humble.
My mind recently has been on football. With play-offs and that big game coming up, I have been constantly making appetizers that are perfect for noshing on while cheering for my favorite team–okay, in all honestly, for me to cheer on my favorite commercials! Regardless, food is where it is at when it comes to football for me!
And I do not want to be slaving away in the kitchen missing the commercials, er, I mean game.
That is why these Jalapeno Chicken Tacos with Pineapple Salsa are EXACTLY the perfect recipe to include in the line-up of game day eats.
With the help al fresco all natural’s perfectly seasoned Jalapeno Chicken Sausage, these tacos come together in less than 20 minutes–meaning I can whip these beauties up before kick-off without breaking a sweat!
And of course most importantly–the flavor y’all!! They are spicy from the jalapeno, sweet from the pineapple, fresh from the cilantro, and bright from the fresh lime juice. And to finish it all off, the Chipotle Crema adds just the right finishing kick. Mmmmmm, these tacos are SO good!
- 1 package al fresco All Natural Spicy Jalapeno Chicken Sausage
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple
- ¼ cup minced red onion
- ¼ cup minced cilantro
- 1 lime (juice and zest)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chipotle in adobe sauce
- 8 small corn tortillas
- Toss pineapple, red onion, cilantro, salt, and zest and juice of 1 lime in a bowl and set aside.
- Mix together Greek yogurt and chipotle sauce and set aside.
- Heat non-stick skillet or grill pan over medium-high heat. Slice the chicken sausage into 1 inch slices on the bias.
- Sear the sausage for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Warm the tortillas and serve the tacos, by layering each tortilla with sausage, pineapple salsa and a drizzle of crema.
The perfect football food. The perfect party food. The perfect weeknight meal. The perfect BBQ food. Really the perfect anytime food–because it is a taco. And everybody loves a good taco.