Mediterranean Chicken and Rice Skillet: Thanks to Minute® Rice, you can create an elegant, one pot chicken wonder. This skillet is brimming with flavor from garlic, white wine, fresh thyme, arugula, tomatoes, and feta cheese.
The holidays are upon us and for many of us, including myself, we have very little time left over in a day to devote to cooking. Which is quite ironic considering the fact that it is this time of the year where I, like you, am entertaining constantly.
So that leaves me looking for simple, yet elegant meals I can pull together in no time. You know the kind of meals that are tasty enough to serve to your boss, but also easy enough to make for unexpected guests. And of course these meals MUST be fail-proof! The last thing you want is company showing up to a disaster, am I right?!
Thanks to quick-cooking Minute® Rice, I can pull of a one pot meal that is bursting with flavors and ready in less in under 25 minutes. Simple chicken and rice becomes elevated with white wine, grape tomatoes, fresh thyme, and feta. This is one skillet meal that is truly restaurant quality and when paired with a nice bottle of wine, it becomes a stand-out Holiday dinner. And remember it is made in LESS than 25 minutes in only one pan!! You may even have enough time leftover to bake some cookies.
Seriously just watch how easy it is to make this rice dish:
Another amazing benefit of this skillet dish that is kissed with flavors from the Mediterranean, is that it is also gluten free which makes it the perfect recipe to entertain with because you can serve it to all your guests who are avoiding gluten.
Be sure to stock your pantry with Minute® Rice this holiday season and all year long. It is a perfect go-to ingredient your whole family will love and offers recipe versatility, It’s a perfect way to make some of your family’s holiday favorites like stuffing or rice pudding without spending a lot of time in the kitchen. Plus Minute® 100% Whole Grain Brown Rice is non-gmo and a complex carbohydrate, making it a guilt free option for the holiday season.
- 1 pound chicken breast cutlets
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for serving
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- ¼ cup dry white wine (or additional chicken stock)
- 1¾ cupchicken stock
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 cup sliced grape tomatoes
- 2 cups Minute® 100% Whole Grain Brown Rice
- 6 ounces arugula
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Heat the oil in large skillet that has lid over medium-high heat.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and brown chicken on both sides, about 2 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken from skillet and add in garlic, saute for 1 minute. Deglaze pan with white wine, stirring up all the browned bits on the bottom of the pan.
- Add in chicken stock, thyme, tomatoes, and brown rice to pan. Bring to a boil and then slide chicken back in pan, cover and reduce heat to simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- To serve chicken and rice, spread argula out in a large serving bowl or platter and top with rice and chicken mixture. Sprinkle with feta and an additional drizzle of olive oil.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Minute® Rice. All opinions expressed are my own.