I am a genius. Not to brag or anything.
But I think you will agree once you see what I have baked up.
Oh that’s right, your favorite snack mix has been made into a rich and decadent cookie that is sure to be your new favorite–like for real your favorite.
My brilliance came when my son begged me to make his favorite Christmas Cookie–A peanut butter blossom. I am really not sure how this is his favorite, because I NEVER make them–but he does always make them with his Nana at Christmas, so my guess is that is the connection. Plus he did inherit my Peanut Butter Loving genes.
Anywho, I tried to convince him to try something new. But he was adamant to have them and a bit perplexed that his pb and chocolate obsessed Mom was not gaga over Peanut Butter Blossoms. Well, the problem with pb blossoms is that the chocolate is isolated to just the middle and gets hard quick–it does not melt into the peanut butter. Well, dang gone it!! That is when my genius idea struck me!! What if i dipped the peanut butter cookie into melted chocolate, eliminating the chocolate just right in the center of the cookie?
Oh heck yes! It work and tasted killer good–so much better than a Peanut Butter Blossom (my son agreed, even though I obliged and made him a few of the classics just for good measure.)
How can you go wrong with a soft peanut butter cookie that is topped with a chocolate glaze? You can’t!! But you can make it better by adding a sprinkle of powdered sugar–just like the classic Muddy Buddy recipe does.
An important tip for making these cookies–this is NOT the time to be dipping cookies into chocolate. To do so with these delicate cookies, would be a disaster. The best thing to do is lay out the cookies on wax paper (even better is a cooling rack over wax paper) and drizzle the cookies with the melted chocolate and then gently spread with the back of a spoon. This way your soft peanut butter cookies will stay in perfect form and not crumble in the chocolate.
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1½ cups unbleached flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 16 ounce bag of semi-sweet mini chocolate chips (melt quicker than full size chocolate chips)
- ½ cup powered sugar.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cream together the butter, peanut butter, and sugars together and until creamy and light in color. Ad in egg and mix to combine.
- Mix together the flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Mix into wet ingredients until just combined and smooth..
- Shape into 1 inch balls and place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 minutes.
- Cool cookies completely on cooling rack.
- Melt chocolate chips in large glass bowl in microwave on 30 second intervals stirring between each round until melted.
- Drizzle chocolate over cooled cookies and spread chocolate gently with back of spoon until top of cookie is covered in chocolate.
- Let chocolate set and cool completely before dusting with powdered sugar.
- Store in fridge.
So there you have it. My moment of brilliance. Let’s all celebrate with a glass of milk and a dozen or two of Muddy Buddy Cookies.
Featured on Cookie Round-Up.