Pineapple Chipotle Chicken Pizza: Tender chicken, sweet pineapple, and tangy sauce are topped with sharp cheddar cheese and a chipotle cream drizzle forming one pizza that is a little bit Tex-Mex and a whole lot of flavor!
I have a confession to make. I have become a Netflix addict.
I never understood people’s fascination with Netflix until we got it ourselves. My husband caved a few months ago when he was home alone for the week. I thought he was crazy. I thought he was wasting his time and our money. But now, I am addicted and I owe him a big thank you– although I am not so sure my addiction is such a good thing.
You see the other night we were to have an in house date night. The kids have pizza and watch a movie in our movie room and my husband and I order out or make a fancy dinner at home and enjoy some peace and quiet to ourselves. It is a night we all look forward to (I know the kids won’t be as excited for “Date Night” in years to come, so for now we are maximizing it!) Last week was my night to choose what my husband I were to do. And instead of candles and wine, I opted for homemade pizza and a Netflix binge. It wasn’t exactly a great way to connect in our marriage, but I sure enjoyed myself.
And we all enjoyed dinner: Pineapple Chipotle Chicken Pizza. A mouthful to say, but one mouthful you want to take. This pizza has so many flavors going on. Shredded chicken has been tossed with crushed pineapple, hot sauce, a bit of chipotle and smidgen of apricot preserves and topped with sharp cheddar cheese. You could stop right there and this pizza would be dynamite, but just like I can’t stop with one episode on Netflix, you should take this pizza over the top with a chipotle cream drizzle and a sprinkling of chopped cilantro.
- Pizza Dough:
- ¾ cups warm water
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- ½ tablespoon honey
- 1¾ cups whole white wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- For the Toppings:
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- ¼ cup hot sauce
- ¼ cup apricot preserves
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon chipolte in adobe (sauce from can)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- For the Chipolte Cream:
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chipolte in adobe sauce (from can)
- 1 tablespoon pineapple juice from crushed pineapple
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Make the dough:
- Combine the water and yeast and let sit for about 5 minutes in a large mixing bowl (or bowl of your stand mixer with dough hook attached.)
- Mix in the honey and oil. Add the flour and salt slowly and mix in as you go. With dough hook or large spatula mix together dough until well combined.
- Once mixed, knead for 5 minutes by hand on a lightly floured surface or with your dough hook on low-medium speed.
- Place dough in oiled bowl and cover and leave in warm spot for 20-30 minutes.
- Once dough has doubled in size, preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Roll dough out onto 12 inch pizza pan that has been lightly greased.
- Mix together the chicken,pineapple, hot sauce, apricot preserves, garlic powder, salt, paprika and chipolte sauce together. Spread evenly over dough.
- Top with cheddar cheese and bake for 18-22 minutes until cheese melted and crust browned.
- While the pizza is baking, mix together yogurt, adobe sauce and pineapple juice. Drizzle over pizza after it is baked, or serve on the side. Sprinkle with cilantro if desired.