Everything you love about pizza in a muffin! These savory treats make the perfect appetizer, snack, or lunch option and they are perfect for tiny and large hands alike!
Do you have ravenous mouths to feed at your house?
I sure do! There are days I feel like where all I do is feed my children all day long. And once they go to bed, my husband starts rooting around in the kitchen!
Needless to say, we need to have A LOT of food at our house at all times.
I have found a snack that we all can appreciate–Pizza Muffins.
They are pizza flavored, so my whole family is of course all in. But what really makes them great for me is that they are SO easy and versatile.
One bowl. Toss in whatever toppings your family likes on pizza. Bake.
See? Easy peasy!
And it can be taken for lunch or eaten as a snack–whether after-school or at midnight!
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups flour
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup cheese + more for topping, if desired
- up to 2 cups of any pizza toppings you like
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix the water, honey, oil and yeast together in stand mixer. Let sit for a couple minutes for yeast to dissolve. Mix in flour and salt with dough hook and let form into a smooth ball--about 5 minutes. Then add in your choice of toppings and let it just come together until toppings are dispersed into dough.
- Scoop out about ¼ cup of dough into a 12 cup muffin tin that has been lightly greased.
- Sprinkle with additional cheese if desired.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until dough is cooked through.
Now get out the mixer and make your snacking family happy!