Are you as obsessed with quinoa as I am?
This grain is a gold mine. Yes, a true super food!
Quinoa is a complete protein, more full of protein than just about anything we eat. It also contains almost twice as much fiber as any other whole grain, to keep your digestive system happy. It also has so many essential vitamins, like iron, maganese, and vitamin B12. Not to mention, quinoa is gluten free.
So now that I have you hooked on the fact you should be eating this healthy grain, let me tell you it is delicious in just about any way you prepare it–sweet or savory. I use it anywhere I would use rice–in Spinach Lemon Quinoa Salad, as a base for a warm breakfast in Banana Nut Porridge, and even as a delectable treat like Quinoa Brittle.
A tasty and fulfilling dinner that was so easy to make, especially since quinoa cooks in just 20 minutes!
The best part–I froze my leftovers so now I can pull out a few patties for quick lunch options for me and my kids–they love them!!
Golden and crispy and moist on the inside. A perfect texture for a “burger.”
I served this over a bed of lettuce and tomatoes for myself. For the rest of my family,they requested buns! Either way is fabulous and gets you all the benefits of this super grain!!
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- ½ cup cottage cheese
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 large zucchini, grated
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tbs minced garlic
- Toppings: lettuce, tomato, buns, pitas, whatever floats your boat
- Prepare quinoa. To obtain 2 cups you will need to cook 1½ cups dry quinoa. Have extra? Freeze it!! Let quinoa cool.
- Mix eggs, seasonings, cottage cheese, parsley and carrot together in large bowl until well combined. Add quinoa and thoroughly mix.
- Grease a large sheet pan or 2 cookie sheets and scoop ¼ cup of mixture unto the tray, forming 12 mounds in total. Using wet hands, form into a burger shape. Spray with a cooking oil on the top of burgers.
- Bake at 425 for 20-25 minutes on first side and flip and return to oven for 15-20 minutes.