Italian Roasted Vegetables: Root vegetables are roasted with olive oil and garlic and topped with tomato sauce and vine-ripened tomatoes. A hearty side dish or perfect meatless meal.
Are you looking for a side dish that is easy and unbelievably delicious?
I feel like for me, coming up with main dishes is easy, but sometimes, the sides get overlooked. My family loves simplicity when it comes to vegetables. They are would prefer steamed veggies and plain roasted potatoes any day of the week.
But this dish, wow!!
Roasted Italian Vegetables is one of the easiest and tastiest meals out there.
It is company worthy! It is pot-luck worthy! It is take to your neighbor who just had a baby worthy! It also makes a wonderful vegetarian main dish or great lunch option.
A combination of root vegetables roasted with olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Topped with, homemade marinara sauce, fresh sliced tomatoes and finished with some sharp Parmesan cheese, if you are not vegan. A little bit of heaven…..
- 3 large carrots, scrubbed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 sweet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 russet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large vidalia onion, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 large zucchini, diced
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ Tbs minced garlic
- 1 cupmarinara sauce
- 2 large vine-ripened tomatoes, sliced into ½ inch slices.
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, optional
- Toss carrots, potatoes, onions, and zucchini together with oil, garlic and salt and Pepper. Place in 2 quart casserole dish. Top with tomato sauce and then sliced tomatoes. Roast for 45 minutes at 425. Remove from oven and grate fresh Parmesan cheese (if using) over the tomatoes and return to the oven for 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted.
Remember to always use what you have and what your family loves.
- Leave out the garlic if you don’t like (crazy person!!!)
- Use any root vegetable you have or like–just be sure to cut into 1 inch cubes. Or add in some zucchini if you desire.
- If you don’t have fresh tomatoes, just use the tomato sauce.
- To keep this Paleo, omit russet potatoes and replace with additional carrots or sweet potatoes.
These Roasted Vegetables will pair perfectly with: