Shredded sweet potatoes create the base for a roasted red pepper and fresh spinach quiche, making this dish gluten-free, paleo, vegetarian, and delicious! Perfect for Easter brunch or a light dinner.
I honestly think it is because brunch typically signals a leisurely morning with good friends and good food.
And whether you are looking for a great dish to include at your next brunch or a light meatless entree, this Spinach Quiche with Sweet Potato Crust is just the dish you have been looking for.
It is extremely tasty and it fits nearly ANY dietary restriction your guests may be facing. This quiche is gluten-free, whole 30 approved, low-fat, and Paleo. And if you have no idea what those restrictions mean, you can thank me for providing a dish to your friends that they will be blown out of the water that you understood their dietary needs and that actually tastes good, no GREAT!!
So let’s start with the base. Shred 2 large peeled sweet potatoes in your food processor or with your hand grater. Press into a 9 inch pie dish that has been greased with coconut oil or olive oil. I try to press down the shredded potatoes as much as possible and up the sides slightly.
The filling is up next. And really, let your imagination go wild. I blended up 4 eggs with 3 cups fresh chopped spinach (as you can see, I went heavy on the spinach, which my family loves!) and some diced roasted red pepper. I also threw in a big pinch of feta, but that needs to be omitted for your dairy-free, whole 30, and Paleo dining guests.
After baking for another 20 minutes, a beautiful quiche was ready for us to devour.
A couple notes:
- To serve this to more than 4 people, you can double and use a 9×13 dish to make a larger rectangular quiche to serve. You can call it a breakfast casserole, if that seems more fitting.
- Whatever filling you want is up to you. I personally love the combination of spinach and sweet potato, so that was my choice for filling. Ham and cheese would be great, but not allergy friendly. Diced peppers and onions are a great combo as well. Let your imagination go wild.
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup milk, (non-dairy or water)
- 3 cups spinach, chopped
- ¼ cup roasted red pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup feta cheese, optional
- coconut/olive oil for greasing pan
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grease a 9 inch pie pan with coconut or olive oil.
- Press the shredded the sweet potatoes into a pie pan. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and turn the oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix the eggs with milk or water and salt and pepper. Stir in the spinach and red peppers and cheese if using. Return to oven and bake for an additional 20-25 minutes--or until eggs are set.