Vegan Tex-Mex Stuffed Pepepers: Traditional stuffed peppers get a Tex-Mex spin complete with black beans, hearty grains, and an avocado cream finish. These vegan stuffed peppers are full of protein and are so tasty they will even win over the meat lovers in your family.
It is no secret that I am a lover of Vegetarian meals.
But convincing my husband and my father, who are both carnivores at heart to give up meat, well that is another story.
Green peppers are stuffed with a mixture of Village Harvest Organic Protien Blend, black beans, fire roasted tomatoes, and taco seasoning and finished with a bright Avocado Lime Cream.
I knew this flavor combo would win me over, but I was shocked it won my meat eating husband and father over.
We were visiting my family in Ohio when I made these vegan stuffed peppers and I actually made my Asian Fish Tacos as well that night. I figured that that would give everyone options.
When my dad put a stuffed pepper on his plate and asked for second servings, I was shocked. My mom made a comment that he never cared for meatless meals.
You want to know what his response was?
The peppers did not have meat in them? They were so hearty and filling.
The Village Harvest Organic Protein Blend was a perfect base to create a substantial filling for these stuffed peppers.
Village Harvest Organic Benefit Blend come in 3 varieties, Organic Antioxidant Blend, Organic Ancient Grain Blend and Organic Protein Blend, each offering a distinctive combination of healthful goodness. But more than just tasting good and being good for you, Village Harvest defines social sustainability to not only mean caring for our planet, but also the workers that help to bring whole, healthy grains to your door.
- Village Harvest has pledged 1% of their profits to run programs that give back to the farmers and local communities from which they source their products.
- Village Harvest has pledged to donate 1% of their employees’ time to charitable causes and sustainability efforts.
I love that by feeding my family a healthy meal, I am helping to support a company that cares and has dedicated profits to go back to supporting local farmers and sustainability efforts.
I know you all want to know how you can get Village Harvest Organic Benefit Blends. You can shop for the blends here or fill out this product request form and give to your local store (I have had great success doing this just so you know!)
Then take the time to make these Vegan, Gluten-Free Tex-Mex Stuffed Peppers–your family will LOVE them. Even if they are meat lovers!
- 1 cupVillage Harvest Organic Protein Blend
- 2 cups vegetable stock (or water), divided
- 1 16 ounce can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 3 large green peppers, cut in half and core removed
- Optional: Top with shredded Montery Jack or Queso Fresco Cheese
- For Avocado Cream
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and skin removed
- 1 large lime (juice and zest)
- ¼ cup water or more vegetable stock
- ½ bunch fresh cilantro (stems removed)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large saucepan, bring 1½ cups stock, tomatoes and taco seaoning to a boil. Add in rice blend and reduce heat to simmer. Simmer covered for 20 minutes. Mix in the beans and stuff into hollowed out peppers.
- Place peppers in casserole pan and pour remaining stock around peppers. Top with cheese if using and cover with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until peppers are softened.
- In the meantime, make the Avocado cream by blending the avocado, lime juice, zest of lime cilantro, and water together until smooth.
- Serve peppers with Avocado sauce.
Hearty Vegetarian Dishes:
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.