This post is sponsored by ALDI, but my love of ALDI is genuine and my opinions are as always, my own.
Top 10 Things to Buy at ALDI: Slash Your Grocery Budget with these Products–The top 10 things to buy at ALDI to save you money without sacrificing quality.
The number one question I get asked as a frugal food blogger, is How can I can save money on groceries?
It is ABSOLUTELY possible to eat healthy on a budget. It starts with meal planning and shopping at the right stores.
My first stop on my grocery shopping is always ALDI, because ALDI will ALWAYS save me money! ALDI is relentless in driving unnecessary costs out of our products and our stores so we can pass those savings onto us, the consumers. In the past I have shared 10 Ways ALDI saves you money, which details HOW ALDI is able to keep their costs so low, while NEVER sacrificing quality.
Top 10 Things to Buy at ALDI
The truth is I get excited to shop the produce section at ALDI. There are always incredible finds, and they seem to always be expanding their organic section. My produce musts at ALDI are:
- SimplyNature Organic Lettuces–from spinach, to arugula, to spring mix–ALDI has an incredible selection of SimplyNature Organic Lettuces at unbeatable prices.
- Organic Apples
- Bananas–ALDI carries both organic and traditional bananas for a low price.
- Avocados–available organic as well.
- Potatoes–russet, red, and sweet potatoes
- Organic Tomatoes
- Organic Baby Carrots
- Seasonal produce like grapes, pineapple, mango, oranges, melon, berries, asparagus, peppers, squash, etc for rock bottom prices.
- Frozen Organic Fruit
- Frozen Vegetables like organic peas, broccoli, corn, carrots.
2. Pantry Staples
ALDI has an amazing variety of products that I use in my everyday meal preparation from baking essentials, to condiments, to dry goods to stock my pantry.
- SimplyNature Nut Butters: From Peanut Butter, Cashew Butter, and Almond Butter, ALDI has me covered with their SimplyNature brand of nut butters.
- SimplyNature Organic Extra Virgin Mediterranean Olive Oil–this is one product that has saved me hundreds over the years. ALDI’s olive oil is cheap and delicious!
- SimplyNature Organic Coconut Oil $4.99 –a must have for my smoothies and baked goods.
- Countryside Creamery Sweet Cream Unsalted Butter
- Stonemill Pure Vanilla Extract–for $1.99*
- SimplyNature Organic Wildflower Honey — for $3.49*
- SimplyNature Organic Apple Cider Vinegar–for $1.99*
- Baker’s Corner Baking Powder
- SimplyNature Organic Chia Seeds
- Simply NatureGolden Roast Flax Seed
- SimplyNature Organic Ketchup–no high fructose corn syrup here and I pay $1.49 per bottle*
- Millville Rolled Oats–both Old Fashioned and Quick Cooking oats are available for $2.49 for 42 ounces*.
- SimplyNature Organic Steel Cut Oats–$2.99*
- Stonemill Assorted Spices–Onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, oregano, steak seasoning, dried onion, and chili powder are my go-tos at ALDI to create my DIY Spice Blends each for $1.19*
- Baker’s Corner Chocolate Chips–great to keep on hand for the occasional treat.
- Nuts for baking (pecan halves, walnuts, almonds, etc.)
- SimplyNature Organic Quinoa
- Dried Beans and Canned SimplyNature Organic beans
- SimplyNature Organic Canned Tomatoes
- Sweet Harvest Canned pineapple in 100% fruit juice
- SimplyNature Organic Tomato Basil Sauce: while I love my homemade tomato sauce, this is a quick substitute with NO added sugars.
- SimplyNature Whole Wheat Spaghetti
3. Lunch Box Essentials
There are so many great products at ALDI that help keep packing lunches at my kids healthy, affordable and fun.
- Simple Nature Kids Squeezable Fruit Blend in a variety of flavors. These pouches are only $1.79* for 4! Talk about a money-saver!
- Lunch buddies fruit cups in 100% fruit juice. It is so hard to find fruit cups in 100% fruit juice. ALDI has them for only $1.49 *for 4.
- SimplyNature Twisted Fruit Ropes – $2.49*
- SimplyNature Organic Chocolate Animal Crackers–a snack they love on occasion and one I don’t feel guilty letting them indulge in.
ALDI’s cheese selection blows me away! There is always a standard selection of common cheeses, but then there is also a selection of Specially Selected Cheeses that are unique and for me irresistible to try (especially at such low prices!)
- Happy Farms Block Cheese (mozzarella, cheddar, swiss, etc): 16 ounces for $1.79*
- Happy Farms Cream Cheese: 8 ounces for $1.19*
- Fresh Mozzarella
- Specially Selected Cheeses–always a different variety.
- String Cheese
- Happy Farms Preferred Feta Cheese
ALDI has 2 lines of meat products that are must buys for me. Their SimplyNature and Never Any!– which are fresh meat products that contain no antibiotics, added hormones or animal by-products. They also may be free of added nitrites or nitrates,preservatives, gluten, casein and fillers.
- SimplyNature Grass Fed Organic Ground Beef – $6.99 per lb*
- SimplyNature Chicken Sausage (both Mild Italian and Country Breakfast varieties)
- SimplyNature All Natural Bacon – $3.89*
- Never Any! Uncured lunch meats like ham and turkey
- Never Any! Chicken Sausage
6. Dairy/Non-Dairy Milk
- SimplyNature Organic Milk – $3.39 for a half gallon*
- Friendly Farms Almond milk
7. Gluten-Free Products
I absolutely love ALDI’s liveGfree line of products. They are made with quality ingredients and taste delicious. Check out more of my must have gluten-free products from ALDI.
UNBEATABLE price for eggs at ALDI–always! I just found a dozen eggs for 57 cents this week! But they also carry SimplyNature Organic Cage-Free eggs for a low price.
I save a lot of money by NOT purchasing many pre-made snacks. But there are a few go-tos that are made with simple ingredients and luckily for my wallet, I am able to find them at ALDI.
- SimplyNature Organic Blue Corn Tortilla Chips
- Clancy’s Restaurant Style Tortilla Chips
- SimplyNature Sweet Potato Chips
- SimplyNature Organic Thick and Chunky Mild Salsa
- SimplyNature Organic Lightly Salted Popcorn
- SimplyNature Rice Cakes
- Elevation Pure and Simple Bars–like my homemade larabars, but great to take for in a pinch!
I love to cook with wine to add tremendous flavor to dishes. ALDI has rock low prices of white and red wines that are perfect for cooking with, and to drink. And they have award-winning and premium wines that are perfect for sipping on and to serve entertaining.
Overwhelmed by this list?! Don’t be!! Bookmark it, print it, pin it–and be prepared to save money!!
Now tell me–what are your ALDI must buys?
*Price and availability may vary.