It is that time of the year again!! Valentine’s Day.
A day I get to be head over heels corny with my love. Be still my heart! (Sorry to my almost 10 year old son and husband but my 6 year old daughter and I are going to enjoy ourselves–and secretly, the boys will too!)
If you have followed my blog for anytime at all, you know that playing with my food is a passion of mine. And what better day to get out the cookie cutters and go a bit crazy than Valentine’s Day?
I am planning on showering my food and family with love from sun up to sun down!
Breakfast: Chocolate Pancakes with Fresh Strawberries and Sweetheart Citrus Salad
- First up: The Pancakes. I started with my chocolate pancake batter that I used for my Black Forest Pancakes. Once cooked, I cut out into heart shaped and topped with warmed Strawberry All-Fruit Spread and sliced fresh strawberries–pretty easy!
- Sweetheart Citrus Salad: I served the pancakes with this gorgeous citrus salad from The Clean Dish.
Lunch: Because this year Valentine’s Day falls on the weekend, the options for lunch are not limited to just what can be packed up to take to school or work. We get to go crazy at home!
- We are making Heart Shaped Pizzas–because it is a family favorite. We usually use Greek yogurt pizza dough and let each person make their own. However, looks at this adorable giant Heart Shaped Pizza from Mom Endeavors. I love the heart shaped pepperoni!!
I will also be serving my Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cups on the side. How can you go wrong with a 5 minute healthy dessert?
Afternoon Snack: Yogurt Hearts with Granola and I Heart You Valentine’s Day Drink both from Oh My! Creative. These festive creations are made with wholesome ingredients, making these snacks not just fun but healthy.
- Yogurt Hearts with Granola: I used my homemade granola for these yogurt hearts.
- And this I Heart You Valentine’s Day Drink is just perfect! My kids will LOVE this!
For Dinner: New York Strip Roast with Heart Shaped Potatoes and a Valentine Strawberry Salad.
- e will start the meal off with this Valentine’s Strawberry Salad from Kirsten Olaphant. Yes, those are heart shaped strawberries and heart shaped croutons–I am totally in love with this salad! How fun!
- This New York Roast served with Brandy Aus Jus is reserved for very special occasions–in this house this is Christmas and Valentine’s Day. It could not be easier, but the taste rivals the best steak houses.
- But instead of serving it with my usual roasted root vegetables, I am going to Valentine’s it up and make Haniela’s Roasted Heart Potatoes.
Dessert (The Most Important Part of the Day!)
- For the kids: Peanut Butter and Jelly Heart Cookies form Simply Budgeted. Simple and their favorite flavors!
- For the Adults: These amazing Dark Chocolate Red Wine Truffles from Well Plated and a glass of wine.
Looks like a perfect way to end the day!
I hope you feel blessed and love this Valentine’s Day. I would love for you to share with my your plans for the day–corny or not!