Vegan Unicorn Smoothie: A fun, all-natural, healthy, dairy-free smoothie that is made with no dyes and completed with coconut whipped cream and sprinkles.
So a few Saturdays ago, I ran to my local grocery store on a hot afternoon after working in my yard all morning. I was gross, hot and sweaty. BUT I had a serious craving for some pickles. And nope, NOT preggo. Just wanted pickles. I prayed I wouldn’t see anyone in my current state and headed to get those pickles.
Well of course I ran into friends–don’t you always when you look your finest too?!
But the funny thing is that THEY were hoping they did not see ME either. In fact, they were downright embarrassed to see me.
My friends were not gross and sweaty, they looked perfectly put together, so why did they NOT want to see me? Because they were hitting our local store for a guilty pleasure–a Starbuck’s Frappucino. They thought this healthy food blogger would judge them for their unhealthy choice. Which, um, no, I am NOT the judging type. And if you want to talk guilty pleasures, you don’t want to see what I am capable of when it comes to Reeses Cups or my Homemade Drumsticks–LOL!
I am not going to tell you my opinion on THAT certain Starbucks Unicorn Frappuccino. But what I am going to do for you, is show you how to make a 100% Healthy version of the Unicorn Frappe.
This is just down-right FUN! Pink and purple swirled together and topped with Coconut Whipped Cream and natural sprinkles.
In full disclosure, my husband made fun of me when I was making this. After one sip, he recanted his harrassment. HE LOVED it ALMOST as much as he loves my Healthy Pina Colada. —and even licked every last sprinkle off the glass.
So go ahead indulge every once in awhile, whatever your vice may be. But the majority of the time–make a healthier version of your favorites. This Purple and Pink Smoothie is so good, it may just be your new favorite!
- Vegan, natural sprinkles (optional)
- Coconut Whipped Cream (optional)
- For the Purple Layer:
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- ½ cup 100% grape juice
- For the Pink Layer:
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- 1 cup frozen banana chunks
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 cup coconut water
- Dip 4 glasses into water and then dip into sprinkles to create a sprinkle rim, if desired.
- Purple Layer: Blend blueberries and grape juice together (will be thick). Transfer to a jar and rinse out blender.
- Pink Layer: Blend pineapple, banana, and strawberries with coconut water until smooth (again, a very thick mixture), adding up to ½ cup more water or coconut water if needed.
- Spoon out the purple mixture onto the bottom of each glass, just covering the bottom. Then spoon a pink layer on and repeat (you will have more pink then purple.)
- Top with whipped cream and additonal sprinkles if desired.
- Serve immediately.
- 1 14-ounce can full fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar (use organic to ensure vegan if needed
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Refrigerate coconut milk overnight in can.
- Carefully open your can of coconut milk (do not shake can), and scrap off top layer of hardened cream.
- (You can use the liquid at the bottom in place of coconut water in smoothie or add to other smoothies of beverages.)
- Beat the hardened cream for 30 seconds with a mixer until creamy. Then add vanilla and sugar and mix until creamy and smooth.
- Refrgerate or use immediately. (Will keep up to 1 week)