Easy and Healthy Mexican Recipes: Break out your sombreros and pinatas and let’s get this Fiesta started! I am sharing with you some of my favorite Mexican recipes from creative Mexican breakfast recipes, to tacos, to pizza–I have a recipe for you! Perfect for Cinco De Mayo or Taco Tuesday–but who are we kidding, these recipes are great any night of the week!
If you have been visiting with me for long, you know that I LOVE Mexican food.
If you are new around here, Welcome! And I hope you stay awhile–longer than just to learn about my obsession with Mexican Cuisine, as I guarantee easy, real food Mexican Recipes will be coming at you often!
I have never met a person who did not adore Mexican in some fashion–be it Tex-Mex, Americanized Mexican, or the authentic deal. And what other genre of food offers so many endless variations that can be suited for any dietary restriction? I can’t think of one that is as flavorful as Mexican.
In fact, when my family was egg, wheat, and dairy free, Mexican was our go to. Just think about how versatile Mexican recipes can be.
Allergy Friendly Ideas for Mexican Recipes
- Gluten Free: Use corn tortillas or corn chips as the base in recipes.
- Low Carb: Fill your plate with meat, lettuce, guacamole, tomatoes, etc
- Dairy Free: Guacamole is a perfect creamy substitute for cheese or sour cream
- Vegetarian: Hello beans!
- Vegan: Beans and avocados become the star of the dish
- Paleo: Pile up on the meat and vegetables.
Whatever your dietary restriction may be, Mexican cuisine is the ANSWER!!!
So come on, let’s get a Fiesta started–I know you are bound to find one or two recipes from my easy, healthy Mexican recipe collection that will tempt your taste buds!
Easy Mexican Recipes
These are all easy recipes, healthy, clean eating Mexican Recipes. Browse through them all, or jump to a category of recipe you are looking for.
Healthy Mexican Recipes
- Mexican Appetizers
- Mexican Slow Cooker Recipes
- Taco Recipes
- Meatless Mexican Recipes
- Mexican Main Dish Recipes
- Mexican Side Dish Recipes
Have you ever been to a party without some sort of Mexican chip dip? I mean, who doesn’t want to scoop up fresh guacamole or taco dip and stuff their face. These Mexican appetizer recipes are guaranteed party hits–and you will be asked to bring them again and again to your gatherings.
- The Best Taco Dip: A Mexican Dip that is easy to pull off and uses all natural ingredients. It is always the first thing to disappear from the buffet table and there is a recipe included for bikini diet and full on decadence.
- Wonton Taco Cups: These mini taco cups are about as cute and tasty as anything! The options for serving are endless, but I opted to stuff with taco meat and cheese and top like any taco.
- Chipotle Black Bean Dip: With less than 5 minutes and 5 ingredients, you can have a smokey dip that is perfect for dipping just about anything into it. This bean dip is also vegan and gluten-free.
- Sweet Potato Nachos: A nacho that is healthy and tasty–I am always up for that.
- Skinny Creamy Hot Corn Dip: This creamy Mexican Corn dip is sure to become a staple at your all your parties and can be pulled together with only 5 Ingredients and made in less than 5 minutes–not to mention has been significantly lightened up.
- Spicy Sausage Cups A simple 4 ingredient easy appetizer recipe that tastes like a creamy taco dip, but presented in a much more elegant fashion.
- Guacamole: My friend from The Fed Up Foodie, has the best traditional guacamole recipe.
- Easy Homemade Salsa Verde: A super easy version of homemade green salsa that is perfectly spiced.
Who doesn’t love a good crock-pot recipe? These easy Mexican Slow Cooker Recipes are JUST what you need to entertain effortlessly!
- Pork Carnitas with Cilantro Slaw: These Crock Pot Pork Carnitas that are allergy friendly and please the pickiest of eaters! And the slaw for these carnitas, turns this dish into truly something special! You can also make this recipe in your Instant Pot for Pressure Cooker Carnitas.
- Slow Cooker Steak Fajitas: Steak Fajitas come together with a few simple steps and are served up with all the flavor of a restaurant dish, just minus the smoke! You can also make these Steak Fajitas in your Instant Pot for an super quick version of steak tacos!
- Slow Cooker Chicken Chili: An easy, Mexican style chicken chili, this is an easy recipe to resort to for the busiest of nights.
I think Tacos are some of the best foods ever created. And I love how limitless the options are for tacos. You can do anything from basic with my all purpose taco-seasoning to something completely inspired like Asian Fish Tacos
- 3 Ingredient Taco Meat and 4 Ways to Use It: 3 simple ingredients and 15 minutes is all you need to whip up homemade taco meat. This recipe for taco meat is sure to become a family staple in your house and the base for fabulous family meals.
- Easy Black Bean Tacos: Black Beans and sharp cheese are baked in crispy taco shells for an easy, gluten-free dinner.
- Lentil Tacos: Don’t bulk at lentils in tacos, with the avocado cream on top, even meat eaters will be for these vegan tacos.
- Taco Pizza: Not a traditional taco, but this pizza has all the loved taco flavors, just in pizza form!
- Instant Pot Chicken Tacos These chicken tacos are a STAPLE at our house! Everyone loves them and the recipe is so easy it is almost embarrassing!
Even my meat eaters don’t complain when I serve up Vegetarian Mexican dishes–the rice, beans, and cheese make up for any meat they may be craving!
- Mexican Lasagna: And I am not talking about the traditional Mexican Lasagna that is made with tortillas. This is an inexpensive and creative twist on lasagna: a creamy meatless mixture is combined with hearty pasta. The topping are key on this dish!
- Southwestern Veggie Tostadas Crisp corn tortillas are turned into healthy Mini Southwestern Pizzas. This kid-friendly meal packs a huge dose of vegetables in each serving.
- Cheese Quesdillas: A cheese quesadilla is given a healthy make-over with the addition of a layer of butternut squash puree.
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Burritos Black beans and sweet potatoes are married together with Mexican spices to become the base Sweet Potato Burritos.
- Mexican Stuffed Peppers Traditional stuffed peppers get a Tex-Mex spin complete with black beans, hearty grains, and an avocado cream finish. These vegan stuffed peppers are full of protein and are so tasty they will even win over the meat lovers in your family.
- Easy Bean Burritos: Refried beans and pumpkin puree are mixed together with taco seasonings and stuffed into a flour tortilla for a healthier spin on a vegetarian burrito.
- Pumpkin Enchiladas: Don’t turn your nose up, pumpkin is the perfect base to absorb Mexican flavors.
Not a meatless meal, not a taco, not a slow cooker recipe–but these Mexican recipes still deserve to star on your dinner plan.
- Honey Lime Chicken Faijtas Probably my favorite dish ever! Grilled chicken topped with a fresh salsa verde and corn salad combine to form an epic combination that is hard to believe is healthy! But it is!
- Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas—a delicious green salsa smothers creamy chicken enchiladas.
- Chipotle Chicken Enchiladas Tortillas that have been filled with moist, shredded chicken are submerged in rich Enchilada sauce and then smothered in cheese for an easy, family meal worthy of any Mexican Restaurant.
- Chicken Quinoa Fajita Bowl Kitchen staples come together to create protein and nutrient packed one pot wonder tastes just like a chicken fajita, all ready in less than 30 minutes.
- Mexican Chicken Skillet One pan, a few staples, and an easy dinner will be on the table that everyone loves in less than 30 minutes.
- Mexican Eggs Benedict with Avocado Hollandaise A Mexican spin on classic eggs Benedict.
- Chicken Fajita Pizza All the flavors of a chicken fajita in pizza form. This fun twist on pizza, uses a slow-cooker chicken fajita mixture that makes assembling this pizza a breeze. Serve with a dollop of sour cream and a squeeze of lime juice for an authentic fajita flavor.
- Southwestern Chicken Cobb Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing A southwestern spin on a classic cobb salad–crisp romaine is topped with corn, avocado, tomatoes, peppers, grilled chicken. Served with cheese quesadillas in place of croutons and completed with a Cilantro Lime Dressing.
- Southwestern Sweet Potato Hash with Cilantro Pesto A traditional hash, spiced up with smoked chipotle and finished off with a poached egg and fresh cilantro pesto.
There is nothing wrong with serving up chips and salsa or fresh fruit with your Mexican entrees–but when you are looking for something a bit different, be sure to check out these to complete your meal.
- Grilled Mexican Corn: Corn on the cob is given a Mexican spin with lime butter and cojita cheese.
- Pineapple Cilantro Lime Rice Ordinary rice is transformed into a side dish worthy of any fiesta with the addition of pineapple, cilantro, lime, and jalapeno.
- Instant Pot Rice and Beans: This is the EASIEST way to prepare red beans and rice!
- Vegan Butternut Squash Rice Bowl: The perfect hearty side dish or vegetarian main course that is spiced up with all salsa.
- Mexican Quinoa: A light and zesty Mexican style quinoa salad.
- Instant Pot Refried Beans Super easy way to make smooth refried beans.
- Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice Perfectly seasoned rice every single time!
- Healthy Pina Colada: Because we need a good drink to wash all this yumminess down with. Alcohol optional.
So let’s get this party started with these easy Mexican Recipes!!! Enjoy!
Latest posts by Kristen Chidsey (see all)
- Easy Mulled Wine - November 21, 2019
- Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin with Apples and Sweet Potatoes - November 20, 2019
- Orange Glazed Carrots - November 19, 2019