Greek Yogurt Chocolate Mousse: A velvety smooth rich chocolate mousse studded with Bailey’s liquor and espresso. This easy no cook chocolate mousse has been lightened up but still tastes incredibly decadent.
When I was in college I worked as a server at a high-end steak house. And there was a dessert there that I remember to this day.
A chocolate coffee pudding pie that was flavored with Bailey’s liquor. Heaven.
When a customer ordered the pie for dessert, I was probably not that careful in serving it up. The more pieces that looked less than perfect, the more the restaurant would let the servers eat–and in college, that pie was the only dinner I thought I needed 🙂
Now I know better than to eat chocolate pie for dinner, but I still love to dive into a creamy, rich chocolate pudding. Throw in some Bailey’s–well, it takes pudding to a whole new level of deliciousness.
So let me introduce you to this Bailey thing that has me head over heels.
Whoops! Wrong Bailey!
That would be my sweet puppy Bailey who has me kind of head over heels as well! But that is another story!
Back to the Bailey’s Mocha Mousse.
Easy Chocolate Mousse Recipe
There is something so good about a fluffy and creamy, rich chocolate pudding that just makes me swoon.
But unlike the creme brulee and cookie recipe, this chocolate mousse recipe has been lightened up.
Which is really just an excuse to eat two servings, am I right?!
I changed up a traditonal chocolate mousse recipe (like this decadent version from Martha Stewart) to a healthier chocolate mousse by making the base with Greek yogurt instead of heavy whipping cream.
The yogurt is thick and rich and velvety on the tongue. Melted dark chocolate is enhanced with espresso powder and spiked with Bailey’s liquor. The chocolate is folded into the yogurt the same way it would be folded into whipped cream.
And it worked wonders.
This “mousse” was not as light as a a traditional mousse, but was instead reminiscent of a chocolate mousse cheesecake. This delighted my husband very much! It was a perfect little treat!
Trust me–you will lick the bowl clean.
A Few Notes about Bailey’s Mousse:
- My homemade Instant Pot Greek Yogurt works great in this recipe.
- If you want a more luxurious taste, use full fat dairy products.
- You may want to add 1-2 more tablespoons or sugar to this chocolate mousse recipe if your chocolate is not that sweet.
- This chocolate mousse is great without the addition of the liquor as well–which therefore makes it kid-friendly.
How to Make Healthier Chocolate Mousse with Greek Yogurt:
Mocha Chocolate Mousse
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup good quality dark chocolate grated
- 2 tablespoons Bailey's liquor
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
- Over low heat, bring milk, sugar, espresso powder, and salt to a simmer while whisking to prevent milk from scalding.
- Once the sugar and espresso powder is dissolved, remove from heat and add chocolate, whisking quickly until chocolate is melted.
- Add liquor to chocolate mixture and cool.
- Once cooled, gently fold into Greek yogurt.
- Pour into four serving glasses and chill for at least 2-3 hours or overnight.
If you liked this Chocolate Mousse Recipe you may also enjoy: