This post was sponsored by Shady Brook Farms turkey brand as part of an In-Home Party Activation for Influence Central. I received complimentary products to facilitate my review.
BBQ Turkey Quesadilla Burger: A smokey turkey burger, coated in barbeque sauce, topped with fresh guacamole, and sandwiched between a sharp cheddar cheese quesadilla that serves as the bun. Yes, your friends are going to love you! #SpiceUpGrilling #IC #adI become an extremely jealous person when I am out for a walk and the smell of BBQ wafts throug the air. When I smell charcoal, my mouth starts to water and I become hungry–more like h-angry!! It doesn’t matter if I just ate or not, when I smell grilling, I want food, grilled food to be exact.
I LOVE grilling out and I love having BBQ parties. Casual get togethers, tons of great food, great friends and sunshine–ah, how I love a good BBQ, don’t you? And now that the weather is finally starting to thaw out, it is time to break out the grills and get the BBQ parties started!
And I have just the thing for your next barbeque–BBQ Turkey Quesadilla Burger.
Your welcome. And tell your friends you invite over they are welcome as well. Trust me, this is so good–everyone will be singing your praises.
Let’s start off with Shady Brook’s Farm ground turkey meat that comes from turkey’s that have been raised by independent family farmers around the United States without growth-promoting antibiotics. Shady Brook Farms is all about turkey with a purpose. To learn more, visit:https://www.shadybrookfarms.com/know-your-food/no-growth-promoting-antibiotics/ And as far as meat goes, my husband who swears he hates turkey meat, ate 3 of these bad boys and said, “Wow, whatever you did to that chicken was good!” Enough said.
I seasoned the meat up with a blend of spices that lend themselves to a barbequing–smoked paprika, crushed black pepper, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. And then charred the burger up on my good old fashioned charcoal grill, because Ina Garten and Alton Brown told me charcoal is best, and I don’t question culinary geniuses! Plus, while it heats up, it is a great time to sit back with a cold drink and visit with our company, or toss a football in the yard. Whatever floats your boat.
Once the burgers are grilled to perfection, I slather them with a mixture of BBQ sauce and salsa–sounds odd, but oh so good! And then the burger is sandwiched between two cheese quesadillas along with some fresh guacamole. And holy guacamole are these burgers good!!!
And to serve–well, check out this cuteness.
I set out small containers of BBQ rub and recipe cards to inspire my guests to have their own barbeques and possibly invite me over–hint, hint! And then of course, iced cold beverages and an ensemble of BBQ sauces–a bit of this and that for every taste bud to feel welcomed to the party.
And finally, we sat back and enjoyed great food and great company. That is the ultimate dinner party in my opinion.
BBQ Turkey Quesadilla Burger
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound Shady Brooks Farm ground turkey*
- 1/2 cup your favorite salsa
- 1/2 cup your favorite barbeque sauce
- 4 giant flour tortillas burrito size
- 1/2 cup sharp white cheddar cheese grated
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat your grill to medium-high.
- Mix together the salt, pepper, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder and cayenne together.
- Form the ground turkey into 4 patties. Season each patty well with the seasonings.
- Grill each burger for 8-10 minutes per side, or until an internal temperature of 165 degrees is reached (you don't want to eat undercooked poultry!) Tent with foil for 5-10 minutes for juices to redistribute.
- In the meantime, spread the cheese between 2 tortillas and top with the remaining 2 tortillas. Throw on grill for 2-3 minutes per side to melt cheese. (Be sure to heat tortillas over indirect heat.)
- Mash the avocado with the juice of a lime and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Cut each cheese quesadilla into 4 quarters. Top each quarter with some of the mashed avocado mixture.
- Mix together the barbeque sauce and salsa. Coat each burger with the mixture on both sides of the patty.
- Place a patty on one quesadilla slice and top with addtional slice. Secure together with toothpick. Serve.
*Shady Brook Farms turkey products are available in the following states: ME, NH, VT, NY, NJ, MA, VA, RI, CT, PA, MD, DE, WV, NC, SC,GA, and FL. For those outside of those states, look for Shady Brook Farms’ sister brand, Honeysuckle White!
Want to throw your own party? Enter for a chance to win one free Shady Brook Farms turkey product and an engraved serving tray for your own grilling parties.
Contest entrants are only eligible to win once per sweepstake, per household as part of a campaign sponsored by Influence Central. And contest ends April 28, 2016.