Berry Avocado Toast: Cream cheese, avocado, and honey are spread onto whole grain bread and topped with fresh raspberries for a delightful take on Avocado Toast.
Have you guys had a chance to watch my daughter cook live with me on Facebook?
This past Christmas break she shared with me that it is her passion to cook and wanted to join me live on my Facebook demonstrations.
She had mentioned many times that she wanted to open a Pizza Restaurant with me and could whip up Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies, Banana Sushi, and Cheese Pizza with zero issues since the age of 2.
But I was surprised when she wanted to cook live.
She is a bit of a perfectionist and I swore cooking unscripted would send her into a tizzy.
I was wrong. She is a rock-star.
In fact, she recently asked to compete to become the next Mini Chef in a small-scale cooking competition.
Layla decided to make Berry Avocado Toast. She told me that she thought mixing cream cheese with honey and avocado would be perfect.
Berry Avocado Toast
I thought she was crazy.
I was wrong—that sweet mixture is the PERFECT base for berries and was a delicious change-up from my savory version of avocado toast.
And now she wanted to bring the recipe for her Berry Avocado Toast to you all!
Notes on Raspberry and Cream Avocado Toast:
- If you are dairy-free, omit the cream cheese and add vegan cream cheese or nothing at all to the avocado and honey mixture. (If you are vegan use maple syrup in place of honey)
- I prefer to use my homemade bread for the toast, but any quality, thick-sliced bread will work.
- The raspberries are a delicious choice, but strawberries or blueberries work as well.
- If you are not planning on using the avocado at once, cut in half and use half the avocado. Leave the pit in the other half and place in container cut side down. Place a bit of water with lemon juice in container to just cover cut side. When ready to use, remove avcado and pat dry.
Berry Avocado Toast
- 4 slices whole grain bread sliced
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese softened
- 1 teaspoon honey
- dash of salt
- 1 pint raspberries
Remove the pit from the avocado, and scoop the flesh of the avocado into a bowl.
Mash with a fork.
Add in cream cheese, honey, and tiny pinch of salt and mix well.
Spread avocado mixture evenly over toast and top with berries.