You won’t believe how easy it is to make this Strawberry Jam. Strawberry Chia Jam is pectin free, naturally sweetened, vegan, and made with only 3 ingredients in less than 20 minutes! Be prepared to fall in love with this EASY homemade jam.
Chia Jam is the EASIEST jam you will ever make!
Homemade chia jam requires NO pectin, is naturally sweetened, enriched with fiber, vegan, and ready in minutes!
Intrigued? You should be. This recipe for Strawberry Jam is not only so easy but incredibly healthy and tasty!
Ingredients for Chia Jam
- Fresh Berries–strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, or raspberries work. A combination is FABULOUS!
- Maple Syrup or Apple Juice Concentrate–to sweeten the jam naturally
- Chia Seeds–Instead of pectin or sugar, the chia seeds thicken the jam naturally while adding a dose of Omega-3s and fiber.
- Lemon Juice (optional)–stir in fresh lemon juice once the jam has cooked to brighten the flavors of the berries.
How to Make Homemade Chia Jam
- Wash berries. Remove stems from strawberries if using.
- Place berries in a heavy bottom saucepan with maple syrup or apple juice concentrate and chia seeds.
- Bring mixture to a boil, and then reduce to a simmer, slightly mashing the berries as they cook.
- Simmer for 15 minutes or until berries are broken down and have released their juices, stirring occasionally.
- Allow the jam to cool slightly and then transfer to your blender to make a super smooth Chia jam.
- TIP: Leave your blender slightly cracked open to release any remaining steam while blending to prevent heat from building up and causing your lid to pop off while blending. WHAT A HOT MESS!
- Blend your jam until smooth.
- Add fresh lemon juice to help the berry flavor pop. This is an optional step but does help with flavor.
- Transfer to glass jars and serve warm or store in the fridge for up to 7-9 days.
Can you use Frozen Berries?
Absolutely!! Just know that it make take a bit longer to simmer on the stove until your berries have broken down!
How to Serve Chia Jam
- Spread Jam on toast.
- Use as a topping for homemade waffles or w.
- Serve dolloped on homemade yogurt.
- Add to Overnight Oats.
Strawberry Chia Jam
- 4 cups strawberries hulled and sliced
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or apple juice concentrate
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Place berries, maple syrup, and chia seeds together in heavy duty saucepan.
- Bring mixture to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Simmer until berries are starting to burst and soften, about 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Allow jam to cool slightly and then transfer to a blender and blend until smooth. Note: Be careful when blending hot liquids, it is best to leave the blender lid slightly open and cover gently with a towel.
- Stir in lemon juice if desired and store jam in jars.
- Chia jam will keep in the fridge for 7-9 days and can be frozen for up to 3 months.