Slow Cooker Chicken Chili is truly a set-it-and-forget-it meal! Made with chicken, beans, and a spiced broth, this Chicken Chili is a perfect cross between a hearty chili and filling soup.
Slow Cooker Chicken Chili is high on my family's list of favorite comfort foods and #1 on my list for easy, crowd-pleasing meals.
A few ingredients, a few hours, and you are guaranteed to have a warming and delicious dinner waiting for your family. It is seriously one of the easiest and most flavorful recipes out there. It is also extremely versatile. You can adapt it to whatever you have in your pantry and can modify it to fit all sorts of diets.
Let's talk about the versatility of this chili for a moment.
- You can use any mixture of beans you would like.
- If your family is picky about chunks of tomatoes in their food, blend the canned tomatoes first.
- Use salsa instead of diced tomatoes.
- Substitute chicken stock for the beer.
- Omit beans and corn and add in an additional ½ pound chicken for a Paleo version of this Chicken Chili.
- My favorite thing to do is serve this Chili at a party with chips, rice, cheese, sour cream, diced onions, chopped tomatoes, cilantro, cubed avocado, lime wedges, etc for a meal filling, hearty dish that everyone loves and can make perfectly customizable for themselves.
Bottom line--it is an easy, healthy meal that you are sure to enjoy!
- Mix together everything in a crockpot, except for chicken. Lay chicken in mixture and fully submerge in liquid. Cook on low 8-10 hours or on high for 4-6 hours, depending on your slow cooker.
- Remove chicken and shred with 2 forks and stir back into chili.