Oh my word y’all. This week’s Sunday Supper has me going crazy. I am not much for traditional burgers and hot dogs, except for the obligatory charred dog on the 4th of July, but these twists on hotdogs and burgers–yeah, I could eat every one of them! You have to scroll through them all. I don’t even know where to start!
And did you notice I typed y’all? Okay, clearly it is evident that I have been living in the south for over a decade now. I NEVER thought y’all would come out of my mouth, let alone typing it!!
But let’s get back to MY contribution to Sunday Supper this week.
Chicken Parmesan Burgers
Chicken Parmesan is my comfort. Burgers are my husband’s comfort. Garlic Bread is my son’s comfort. Cheese is my daughter’s comfort. So I combined all three for an out of this world treat that is a comfort for us all!
I started with fresh chicken breasts. And cut them in chunks, threw them in my food processor and made my own fresh ground chicken. I mixed in some Italian herbs, parmesan cheese and formed them into patties. Then grilled them up and smothered them with marinara sauce and fresh mozzarella cheese. To make this extra special and tasty, I served it on toasted Brioche buns that were brushed with extra virgin olive oil. oregano, and garlic.
OH MY WORD!!! This Chicken Burger is everything.
So go on, grab yourself some napkins and dig in.
*Money Saving Tip for making your own ground chicken breast:
- At my grocery store, I would pay at least $5/lb for ground chicken and only $2/lb for chicken breasts. I simply place one pound of chicken breasts , cut into large chunks, into my food processor and pulse until chicken is broken down enough to form into patties–this is only 5-7 quick pulses in my food processor.
Be sure to check out all my Easy Healthy 30 Minute Family Meals!
Chicken Parmesan Burgers
- 1 pound fresh boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced into 1inch chunks
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 4 Brioche Buns
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cut into slices
Place chicken breasts and 1 tablespoon crushed ice (optional) into food processor and pulse until chicken turns into consistency of ground chicken. Mix in oregano, salt and parmesan cheese. Remove from food processor and shape into 4 patties.
Grill or pan fry patties for 4-5 minutes per side, or until temperature reaches 165 degrees inside chicken.
Turn broiler on high.
On a baking sheet. Lay out 8 slices of the buns. Brush with the half the oil and sprinkle with garlic powder. Broil until just golden. Flip the slices over and repeat brushing with oil and sprinkling with garlic. Broil remaining side until golden. (This can also be done on grill).
On the same baking sheet, place the 4 cooked chicken burgers on and top with 1/4 cup marinara sauce each and sliced fresh mozzarella. Place under broiler until cheese is melted and browned.
Serve on toasted buns or without buns for gluten free.
All American Burgers & Dogs
- BLT Burgers by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Bourbon BBQ Bacon Burger Sliders by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Bourbon Onion Bacon Dog by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Chicago Style Hot Dog by The Culinary Compass
- Copycat Guberburgers by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Idaho Dogs by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Philly Cheesesteak Dog by Palatable Pastime
- Pimento Cheese Burger by Magnolia Days
- Southern Seasoned Beef Burger by April Go Lightly
- The Best Ever Bacon, Egg and Cheese Burger by The Chef Next Door
- The SmashBurger by Monica’s Table
- Whiskey Burgers by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Burgers by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chicken Parmesan Burgers by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Chicken Satay Burger with Peanut Sauce by Baking Sense
- Chicken Tikka Burgers by Sunday Supper Movement
- Miso Glazed Chicken Burgers by Sew You Think You Can Cook
Worldly Burgers & Dogs
- Blue Cheese Burger with Fig Jam by Garden Matter
- Caprese Burgers by The Redhead Baker
- Cheddar Stuffed Taco Burger by My Life Cookbook
- Dominican Chimichurri Burgers by The Crumby Cupcake
- Guacamole Cilantro Lime Cheeseburger by Life Tastes Good
- Hot Dog Maki Roll by kimchi MOM
- Meatball Parmesan Burgers by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Portuguese Hamburger by Family Foodie
- Salchipapas (Peruvian Sausages and Potatoes) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Smoky Sliders with Chipotle Mayo by Cooking on the Ranch
- Spicy Shishito Dog by Brunch-n-Bites
Where’s the Beef Burgers
- Baby Back Rib Burger by The Freshman Cook
- Brown Rice & Lamb Burgers with Spinach by Wholistic Woman
- Fish Taco Burgers by Pies and Plots
- Greek Lamb Burgers with Blistered Tomatoes and Tzatziki Spread by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Miso Tuna Burgers by Caroline’s Cooking
- The Perfect Lentil Burger by Food Lust People Love
Where’s the Bun Burger
- Gluten Free Dessert Hamburgers by Gluten Free Crumbley
- How to make Salmon Burgers with Mango Salsa by Asian In America
- How to Pan-fry Bratwurst by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- The Ultimate #SundaySupper Hamburger and Hotdog Wine Pairing Guide by ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.