This easy Phyllo Cup Dessert recipe is a spin on Chocolate Covered Strawberries! 5 Minutes and 5 Ingredients is all you need to have one of the tastiest, healthier treats around.
Are you ready for the EASIEST dessert ever?
This simple dessert made with phyllo cups is beyond easy–and beyond tastier!
Chocolate covered strawberries are one of my all-time favorite treats.
That is what inspired these simple Chocolate Strawberry Yogurt Cups.
Phyllo cups are filled with Greek yogurt and topped with fresh strawberries and a rich dark chocolate drizzle.
And did I mention this phyllo cup dessert is ready in less than 5 minutes!! These mini desserts are PERFECT for Valentine’s Day, a party, or even an after-school snack.
How to Make Mini Dessert Cups
- Start with mini phyllo cups.
- These cute little phyllo cups are perfect for appetizers and little sweet treats, not to mention keep portion size in check!
- Pull phyllo cups from the freezer just as you made these mini cups–they will defrost in minutes.
- Flavor Yogurt
- Mix plain Greek yogurt with vanilla extract.
- Feel free to use Vanilla Greek yogurt instead of plain yogurt.
- Chop Strawberries
- Melt Chocolate
- Place chopped chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave chocolate in 30-second intervals, stirring between each interval until chocolate is melted.
- Instead of melted chocolate, feel free to drizzle with homemade chocolate syrup.
- Assemble Phyllo Dessert Cups
- Scoop 2 teaspoons yogurt into each phyllo cup.
- Top with chopped strawberries.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate.
- Serve immediately.
Notes on these Mini Desserts:
- If you don’t have plain Greek yogurt, use vanilla and omit vanilla extract. Keep in mind the sugar content will be higher. Regular yogurt can be used, but Greek yogurt is thicker and makes these mini desserts easier to eat.
- Phyllo cup desserts are best served within an hour or two of making.
- To make Strawberry Chocolate Bites ahead of time, mix yogurt and vanilla together and pre-dice strawberries. Assemble shortly before serving.
- You can omit chocolate or use milk chocolate in these Strawberry Yogurt Dessert Bites as well.
- To keep these Strawberry Tarts dairy-free, use coconut yogurt and dairy-free chocolate.
More Strawberry Recipes
- Strawberry Pancakes
- Overnight Strawberries and Cream Steel Cut Oatmeal
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Smoothie
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cups
- 1 box of defrosted mini phyllo cups they defrost in a matter of minutes!
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup diced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chunks
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Mix the yogurt with the vanilla extract and spoon one tablespoon of the mixture into each phyllo cup. Divide the chopped strawberries among the cups.
- Place the dark chocolate chunks into a small microwave safe dish and microwave at 50% power for 30 second intervals, stirring between intervals, until just melted (1-3 minutes based on your microwave). Stir in the coconut oil to keep the chocolate smooth and in liquid form.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the cups (I use a fork that I dip into the chocolate and go back and forth quickly over the mini cups.)
- Serve immediately.