DIY Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Blizzard: A few simple ingredients come together to create a wholesome, no churn, easy ice cream treat. This cross between a sundae and a milkshake will satisfy your sweet tooth while still being perfect acceptable for breakfast!
Thank you to Horizon Organic for sponsoring this post. As always, the text and opinions are 100% my own and only products I love are featured on my blog.
I don’t know about your kids, but mine sure have a sweet tooth.
Truth be told, I have a sweet tooth myself.
In fact, myself and my kids crave a dessert daily. EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.
Instead of depriving them from desserts, I opt instead for showering them with snacks that are wholesome and nutrient rich, like Oatmeal Cookie Raisin Bites, Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies, or Apple Pie Granola Bars. These treats are made sweet from fruit–not refined sugars or even natural sugars like maple syrup or honey.
And while there is NOTHING wrong with a piece of chocolate cake, that just can’t be happening on a regular basis!
So brace yourselves for this wholesome treat.
DIY COOKIE DOUGH BLIZZARD!
It is creamy, chocolatey, rich, thick, sweet and satisfies you to the core!!
So let’s break this Cookie Dough Flurry down.
You must start by making the cookie dough. I made a healthy chocolate chip cookie dough by pulsing almonds, softened dates, and chocolate chips together in my favorite food processor–it is like a Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Larabar and it is SO SO good!
Then you need to make the no churn ice cream or nice cream.
It is simply frozen bananas with organic Horizon milk and a dash of vanilla extract. It blends up perfectly in a quality blender (like this brand ), but you can also use your food processor you already had out to make the cookie dough.
Then you just mix in the cookie dough into the wholesome ice cream and BAM!!!
Want to win parent of the year? Serve up this wholesome milkshake made with Horizon Organic Milk! You won’t feel an ounce of guilt showering your kids with this dessert on a regular!
Be sure to watch the video for a great tip on how to soften your dates to process perfectly!
A Few Tips on this Wholesome Cookie Dough Nice Cream
- Start with the base for this Nice Cream or Blizzard and feel free to change up what you add in if cookie dough is not your thing. A swirl of peanut butter or maybe some strawberry jam.
- You could also use these Chocolate Covered Cherry Protein Balls or Apple Pie Bars or Oatmeal Raisin Larabars in this ice cream as well.
- If you want your Blizzard to be more like a Milkshake, add up to 1/2 cup additional milk.
- If you want your Cookie Dough Flurry to be thicker, cut the milk in half.
- I used Skim Milk but 2% or whole milk work just as well.
- If you want to be completely decadent you can add in this Edible Cookie Dough from Love from the Oven.
DIY Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Blizzard
For the Cookie Dough:
- 1/2 cup dates softened in boiling water
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips plus more for topping if desired
For the Blizzard Base:
- 4 bananas frozen, and chopped
- 1 cup Horizon Organic Milk
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Soften the dates in boiling water for at least 5 minutes.
- Process the dates and almonds together in food processor until they come together to form sticky dough. Add chocolate chips and pulse a few times to incorporate chocolate chips into dough without breaking down.
- Roll into small balls or leave as small chunks to incorporate into the ice cream.
For the Blizzard:
- Place milk and frozen bananas into blender and blend well, scraping the sides down once or twice, and continuing to blend.
- Mix the cookie dough into the banana mixture with a spoon or spatula.
- Serve with additional chocolate chips and a spoon and straw.
More Perfectly Healthy Sweet Treats
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Horizon Organic. The opinions and text are all mine.