Casseroles are the ultimate comfort food! From breakfast, to side dishes, to dinner, these recipes for Healthy Casseroles are made with real food and family approved!
Growing up in the Midwest, a lot of the casseroles contained cream of something or other soups.
But that is not how I grew up eating casseroles. My mom and grandparents made their casseroles from scratch, which is exactly how I make casseroles today.
- Creamy Chicken Casserole
- This is an old-fashioned chicken casserole that my mom used to make that all four of her children would beg for! Noodles and chicken are tossed in a creamy Parmesan sauce for a delicious chicken casserole.
- The Best Chicken Pot Pie
- This is my Papa’s recipe for Chicken Pot Pie. He made everything from scratch and this is his recipe to a T–because you just don’t mess with perfection!
- Healthy Chicken Poppy Seed Casserole
- This is a healthier take on Chicken Poppy Seed Casserole made with homemade cream of chicken soup, all made in one pot.
- Creamy and Cheesy Chicken and Rice
- Brown rice, cooked chicken, and lots of cheese all swimming in a decadent, yet healthy cream sauce. This is a casserole that everyone loves. And I mean loves to the point of licking the plate clean.
- Buffalo Chicken Casserole
- Seasoned potatoes and chicken are baked with bacon, cheese, and buffalo sauce for a delicious chicken and potato casserole.
- Spaghetti Squash Casserole
- This is a Paleo Casserole made with sausage, spaghetti squash and marinara sauce.
- Tamale Pie
- A hearty casserole filled with leftover chili and topped with a homemade cornbread that is captures the flavors of a tamale without all the work.
- Beef and Noodle Casserole from Dinner at the Zoo.
- Ground beef is baked with noodles, tomato sauce and cheese.
The wonderful thing about casseroles is that they are often very frugal, inexpensive family meals. These meatless casseroles are extremely affordable, yet still filling.
- Easy Creamy Taco Pasta Casserole
- This taco casserole requires minimal prep, pantry ingredients and tastes just like a taco!
- Easy Baked Rotini
- Simple rotini noodles are baked in a creamy, cheesy tomato sauce for a hearty, yet frugal casserole.
- Slow Cooker Baked Ziti
- A casserole that comes together in the slow cooker? YES PLEASE!!! This slow cooker pasta casserole is so easy, so tasty, and leaves the oven out of the equation.
- Pasta Casserole with Beans from Spruce Eats
- A delicious casserole made with beans, noodles and cheese.
Breakfast Casseroles are perfect for entertaining large crowds or meal prepping breakfast for the week. From sweet to savory, these breakfast bakes are perfect to entertain with.
- Easy Overnight French Toast Casserole
- Made with cubed bread and a rich maple custard, this French Toast Casseroles is a perfectly sweet breakfast casserole.
- Easy Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole
- Made with hash browns, sausage, eggs and cheese, this easy recipe can be made in minutes and feeds a crowd!
- Instant Pot Breakfast Casserole
- This Instant Pot Sausage Breakfast Casserole is incredibly easy to make and requires NO oven!
- Green Chile Egg Casserole
- Eggs and cottage cheese are baked with green chiles for a slightly spicy, fluffy egg casserole.
- Overnight Ham and Egg Breakfast Casserole
- This Ham and Egg casserole is a perfect way to use leftover holiday ham and feeds a crowd for breakfast.
- Overnight Pumpkin French Toast Casserole
- French toast and pumpkin pie collide in this easy sweet brunch recipe.
- Eggnog French Toast Casserole with Bourbon Glaze
- The bourbon glaze will convince anyone to get out of bed for this breakfast!
Casseroles are not only for entrees–some of the best side dish recipes are casseroles as well.
- Italian Baked Vegetables
- Vegetables are perfectly seasoned and baked with a rich marinara sauce. This vegetable casserole is perfect for a hearty side dish or a light entree.
- Sweet Potato Casserole
- Sweet potatoes are baked together with maple and a streusel topping for a delicious sweet potato casserole.
- Green Bean Casserole from Spend with Pennies
- Made with fresh green beans, a homemade creamy mushroom sauce, and a cheesy panko topping!