Made with lasagna noodles and layers of cheese, beans, and fresh toppings, this Vegetarian Mexican Lasagna is a delicious, easy, healthy family meal.
This recipe is a spin on traditional Mexican Lasagna. Instead of tortillas, noodles are used and instead of beef, beans are used for a lighter, meatless version of the original recipe.
- Instead of tortillas found in classic Mexican Lasagna, this recipe uses traditional lasagna noodles like classic Italian recipes.
- Instead of beef and ricotta, the noodles are layered with refried beans and a creamy spiced mixture---just like layered taco dip features.
- Instead of tomato sauce, use salsa that has been blended up until smooth for a sauce that is rich in flavor with minimal effort.
It is healthy, yet hearty. Flavorful, yet easy to make. And ultimately is a creative family meal that everyone loves.
How to Make Meatless Tex-Mex Lasagna
Begin this recipe by preparing your favorite lasagna noodles according to the package directions. This is not the time to use no-boil noodles.
While the noodles are cooking, mix together the cream cheese filling by combining the yogurt, cream cheese, and taco seasoning until well combined.
Once the noodles are cooked and drained, spread ½ cup salsa over bottom of 9 x 13 pan. Top with 3 noodles and then spread the beans over the noodles. Top with 3 additional noodles and then spread with yogurt mixture. Top with remaining noodles and then the salsa. Sprinkle the cheese over the salsa.
Baked for 30 minutes at 350 degrees, just until warmed through and the cheese is melted.
Serve with your favorite toppings--just as you would tacos.
Whether looking for a Meatless Meal or creative use of lasagna noodles, this Tex Mex Pasta is a great recipe to enjoy any night of the week.
Meatless Tex Mex Lasagna
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 4 oz neufetchel cream cheese softened
- 1 ½ cups plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Taco Seasoning
- 1 can fat-free re-fried beans
- ½ cup cheddar cheese grated
- 2 cups salsa rotel, or tomato sauce
- Toppings: fresh cilantro, chopped onions, chopped lettuce, chopped tomato
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Prepare Lasagna noodles according to package directions.
- Mix together yogurt, cream cheese, and taco seasoning until well combined.
- Spread ½ cup salsa over bottom of 9 x 13 pan. Top with 3 noodles and then spread the beans over the noodles. Top with 3 additional noodles and then spread with yogurt mixture. Top with remaining noodles and then the salsa. Sprinkle the cheese over the salsa.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350.
- Serve with chopped cilantro, lettuce, tomatoes and onions!