Peaches and Cream Crepes: Tender, whole wheat crepes are filled with a lightly sweetened ricotta cheese and then topped with caramelized cinnamon peaches. #SundaySupper
I lived in Georgia the state known for peaches for 10 years. But can I let you in on a little secret? South Carolina is where it is at when it comes to peaches. That may sound like blasphemy coming from a girl from Georiga, but you guys, it is no joke. South Carolina peaches are the ones you want to get your hands on. They are the juiciest, sweetest peaches EVER!!
With that said, let me warn you, that once you have tasted a South Carolina peach, you can’t go back. And it may be hard to cook with them. They are just that good.
However, I parted with some of these juicy peaches to make this incredible breakfast–Peaches and Cream Crepes.
And you guys–this is worth parting with some of those fresh peaches. Tender, light whole wheat crepes are filled with a simple ricotta cheese mixturea and then topped with peaches that have been sauteed with a bit of butter, maple syrup, and cinnamon. Because my peaches were so sweet, I only added a tiny bit of maple syrup–so depending on where you get your peaches, you may want to add a bit more.
Crepes. Don’t be scared. I have to admit, I was the first time I made them, but they really aren’t that hard. The key is letting your batter rest and buttering your skillet well. And if you mess them up–they still taste good, promise!!
Peaches and Cream Crepes #SundaySupper
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup milk
- ¾ cup water
- 2 tablespoons maple syurp divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla divided
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 lemon zest and juice
- 3 tablespoons butter melted (divided)
- 3 ripe peaches diced
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Put eggs, milk, flour, 1 tablespoon butter, 1 tablespooon maple syrup, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and salt in blender and mix well. Let stand about 30 minutes.
While batter is resting, mix together ricotta, lemon zest, 1 tablespoon maple syrup, and 1 teaspoon vanilla together. Set aside.
Melt and swirl around a small pat of butter in an 8 inch frying pan over medium heat.
Pour enough batter on one side of pan to thinly cover the pan. Very quickly swirl the pan around, so the batter covers the pan.
Immediately, push down the thin edges of the crepe around the perimeter with a spatula.
After about 1 minute (and once it is golden brown on the bottom) carefully flip it over, trying not to tear the crepe.
Fry for 1 more minute on the other side.
Repeat process until all crepes are made, lightly brushing the skillet with butter each time.
In the same, skillet add the remaining tablespoon butter and maple syrup. Add in the peaches and toss to coat. Add in cinnmamon and cook until peaches have softened and are warmed through. Add in fresh lemon juice to peach mixture.
To assemble the crepes, fill each crepe with 2-3 tablespoons ricotta mixture and roll up like a tortilla.
Top with peach mixture and serve.
- Bourbon & Peach Porkbelly Bites by Girl Abroad
- Cherry-Peach Bruschetta by Dessert Geek
- Grilled Peach Caprese with Blackberry Balsamic by The Crumby Cupcake
- How to Make Peach Gazpacho with Cucumber by Asian in America
- Peach Blueberry Burrata Quesadilla by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Peach Pancakes with Peach Maple Syrup by Magnolia Days
- Peaches and Cream Crepes by A Mind Full Mom
- Peaches and Cream Smoothie Bowl by Family Foodie
- Brandy Peach Lemonade by Nosh My Way
- Citrus Peach Sangria by Sunday Supper Movement
- Dairy-Free Strawberry Peach Smoothie by Cooking Chat
- Frozen Peach Margarita by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Peach and Blueberry Wine Slushies by Cooking with Carlee
- Peach Ginger Bellini by kimchi MOM
- Peach Whiskey Smash by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Trà Đào (Vietnamese Peach Tea) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Ginger Peach Freezer Jam by Peaceful Cooking
Sides & Salads:
- Fresh Peach Cucumber Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Italian Peach Panzanella Bread Salad by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Peach Caprese Salad with Balsamic Syrup by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Peach, Tomato and Mint Salad by Our Good Life
- Chicken, Peaches, and Arugula on a Focaccia Roll by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Easy Peach & Basil Flatbread by My Life Cookbook
- Grilled Peaches and Shrimp Shish Kabobs by The Freshman Cook
- Peach Glazed Pork Chops and Stuffing by Life Tastes Good
- Pork Tacos with Grilled Peach Salsa by Baking Sense
- Roasted Flank Steak with Fresh Peach Pico de Gallo by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Any Fruit Custard Pie by Wholistic Woman
- Biscuit Topped Peach Cobbler by Palatable Pastime
- Blueberry Peach Coconut Chia Pudding Parfaits by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Blueberry Peach Coffee Cake by The Chef Next Door
- Easy Peach Cobbler Minis by April Golightly
- Frozen Peach Cheesecake by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Gluten Free Peach Apricot Crisp by Desserts Required
- Grilled Peach Melba by Hardly A Goddess
- Honey Almond Ricotta Stuffed Grilled Peaches by She Loves Biscotti
- No-Churn Peach Pie Ice Cream by The Redhead Baker
- Peaches and Cream Cobbler Popsicles by Crazed Mom
- Peaches and Cream Pie by Cooking on the Ranch
- Peach and Pistachio Tart by Caroline’s Cooking
- Peach Sherbet by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Peach Honey Pecan Galette by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Peach Willy by Monica’s Table
- Roasted Peach and Lime Sorbet by Brunch-n-Bites
- Rustic Peaches & Cream by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Simple Peach Cobbler by Where Latin Meets Lagniappe
- Spiked Skillet Peach, Pecan and Blueberry Crumble by From Gate to Plate
- Streusel-Topped Peach Tart by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Summer Fruit Pie by Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement