Peppermint Bark Popcorn: Popcorn is tossed with melted dark and white chocolate and crushed candy canes for a perfectly sweet treat!! This Peppermint Bark Popcorn makes a great gift for neighbors, teachers, friends or just for a family movie night.
When my son was little, he was the FUSSIEST baby ever. Ask anyone that knew him at that time and they will agree. One thing that helped keep him calm, was walks–long walks. In Ohio winters, that was NOT always fun. I use to take him to a local mall and walk and walk and window shop.
One of the highlights of these trips to the mall, other than the fact I didn’t have a screaming child, was a gourmet specialty food store. I would walk into this store and coffee was brewing and snacks were out for sampling. There was always a variety of foods to choose from, chips and dips, chocolates, and gourmet popcorn.
And it was there on my long walks I fell in love with popcorn that was coated with chocolate and caramel. And around the holidays, they would have popcorn coated with chocolate and crushed candy canes–a bit like peppermint bark. Oh so good!!
Peppermint Bark Popcorn
Peppermint Bark Popcorn is a perfect blend of white chocolate, dark chocolate and crushed candy canes.
This easy treat is perfect to whip up for holiday movies or to bag and give as gifts to friends.
How to Make Peppermint Bark Popcorn
This peppermint bark popcorn is SO easy to make as well.
- Pop popcorn.
- Use air-popped popcorn.
- Microwave popped popcorn.
- A bag of pre-popped popcorn, like Skinny Pop.
- Melt Chocolate
- Place white chocolate chips in microwave safe bowl and microwave on 30 second intervals, stirring in between intervals until chocolate is melted.
- Place dark chocolate chips in microwave safe bowl and microwave on 30 second intervals, stirring in between intervals until chocolate is melted.
- Crush Candy Canes
- Place candy canes in sturdy plastic bag and use a cup or rolling pin to crush up candy canes into small pieces.
Peppermint Bark Popcorn Recipe
Peppermint Bark Popcorn
Homemade air popped popcorn is tossed with white chocolate and crushed candy canes for an easy peppermint bark popcorn treat.
- 8 cups air popped popcorn
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate morsels or chunks
- 1/2 cup white chocolate morsels or chunks
- 2 large candy canes crushed
Melt chocolate in microwave on 50% power, stirring every 30 seconds until melted completely.
Place Popcorn in large bowl, fitted with a lid. Drizzle with dark chocolate and toss. Drizzle with white chocolate and toss. Sprinkle with peppermint candy canes and toss again. Spread out on cookie sheets to dry.
Once dry, store in airtight container or package for gifts.