Roasted radicchio stars in this easy Radicchio Salad. Fresh Radicchio has been oven roasted to bring out it’s natural sweetness and then paired with a fresh Greek Yogurt Green Goddess Dressing for a simple, healthy radicchio salad.
Have you ever found yourself with a radicchio and wondered what to make with it?
This SIMPLE radicchio salad is the recipe to make!
Radicchio, also known as Italian chicory, is full of nutrients and fiber, but is also know for having a quite bitter taste.
But that bitter taste can be mellowed with grilled or oven roasted. And when roasted, it radicchio makes a great base for a simple salad.
For this Radicchio Salad, radicchio is perfectly roasted in the oven and then served with a bright and light version of green goddess dressing. This radicchio salad is simple enough to serve any night of the week, but impressive enough to serve to company.
How to Roast Radicchio
First you start by quartering a radicchio into wedges. I slice in half and then cut each half in half again.
Drizzle the radicchio with a bit of oil, some honey, and season with salt and pepper and roast for 15 minutes.
The combination of honey with roasting, makes this bitter vegetable, a bit sweeter and give it a caramelized flavor that is hard to beat.
Homemade Green Goddess Dressing
Green Goddess Dressing is a classic dressing that is often served as a vegetable dip for fresh vegetables, and it is the perfect compliment to this radicchio salad as it is a bright, slightly sweet dressing.
Green Goddess dressing is typically made with anchovies, mayonnaise, fresh herbs, and lemon juice. This version of Green Goddess Dressing is a lightened up with Greek yogurt in place of mayonnaise, but the classic flavors remain. I love to use the leftover dressing for vegetable dip or other salads.
Notes on Roasted Radicchio Salad
- I love to use radicchio because of it’s vibrant color. And even though radicchio is a member of the chicory family–red cabbage can be substituted for the radicchio but it will not have quite the same chewy texture or bitter flavor.
- Be sure to use plain yogurt for the Green Goddess Dressing–not flavored. You can substitute regular yogurt for Greek yogurt just fine–you may just not need as much lemon juice to thin out. You can even use homemade instant pot yogurt. For a heavier Green Goddess, use mayonnaise.
- The combination of fresh herbs in the Green Goddess Dressing is crucial to making this salad. However, feel free to use lime juice in place of lemon juice.
More Salad Recipes
- Brussels Sprouts Caesar Salad
- Watermelon Arugula Salad
- Kale Salad with Apples
- Roasted Butternut Squash Salad
- Winter Salad with Homemade Dijon Dressing
Radicchio Salad with Green Goddess Dressing
- 1 head of radicchio quartered
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt divided
Green Goddess Dressing
- 1/2 cup loosely packed parsley
- 2/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons loosely packed tarragon
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 anchovy filet optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Quarter the radicchio and place on a roasting pan and drizzle with olive oil, honey, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Roast for 15 minutes.
Green Goddess Dressing
- Place yogurt, chives, tarragon, parsley, lemon juice, honey,water, anchovy (optional) and salt in blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve with the roasted Radicchio wedge with the dressing.
- Save any remaining dressing for up to 5 days in fridge and use leftover Green Goddess Dressing as a vegetable dip or on salads.