Skillet Tuscan Pork Chops: An easy, one-pot dinner that features thinly sliced pork loin, kale, white beans, and tomatoes. A trip to Tuscany in a skillet. Whenever I hear the words pork chops, I immediately start singing to myself , “Pork Chop, pork chop, easy, greasy, we are going to beat you up easy, peasy.”
That is thanks to my husband, who apparently heard it at his school growing up at every football game. He sings it ALL THE TIME! And now I can’t help but think of it ALL THE TIME myself.
But when I truly think of pork, or pork chops, I don’t think greasy but I do think easy along with healthy, lean, and inexpensive.
I can typically buy a quality pork loin for less than $2 a pound! The best part is that I have my butcher cut it into a 2 roasts, to make pulled pork or pork carnitas, and several thin pork cutlets–which are essentially boneless pork chops. And my butcher does the work for me for FREE!!
Thin pork cutlets cook up in no time and a great change up for chicken. And just like chicken, pork chops or cutlets are a blank canvas to absorb any flavor profile you throw at it.
Today, I decided to make my pork with a bit of Tuscan flare and create a one pot skillet dinner.
Skillet Tuscan Pork Chops
Pork is seared quickly and then quickly braised with white wine, fresh tomatoes, kale, white beans, garlic and capers for a flavorful dinner that comes together in about 20 minutes.
It is really just a few ingredients that marry perfectly together to create a savory, skillet dinner that is packed with protein, fiber and flare.
Skillet Tuscan Pork Cutlets is the perfect meal to whip up and enjoy with a glass of wine during a busy weeknight but yet is classy enough to serve to dinner guests.
Notes on One Pot Skillet Pork Chops Recipe:
- If you do not like pork, use chicken cutlets
- If you have another hearty green (like mustard greens) use that instead of kale.
- If you do not have white wine on hand, use chicken stock in this Pork Chop Dinner.
Be sure to check out all my Easy Healthy 30 Minute Family Meals!
Or if you are looking for Gluten free Recipes–check out my collection of Easy 30 Minute Gluten-Free Meals.
Let’s Make Skillet Pork Chops
Skillet Tuscan Pork Chops
In less than 30 minutes, tender pork chops are pan seared with kale, tomatoes, white beans, and garlic for a delicious one pot meal.
- 6 1/2 inch slice boneless pork chops or porkloin cutlets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated black pepper
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon capers drained
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 cups fresh kale chopped
- 2 cups cooked white beans
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes optional
- Freshly grated Parmesan Cheese optional
Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in large skillet. Season pork on both sides with salt and pepper.
Once oil is heated, sear pork on each side for 1-2 minutes per side. Remove pork to a plate.
Add in white wine, garlic, capers, and red pepper flakes if using. Saute for 2 minutes, scraping up any brown bits from bottom of pan. Add in kale, tomatoes, beans and seared pork.
Cover, reduce heat to medium, and simmer for 10 minutes or until pork is cooked through.
Serve with Parmesan Cheese if desired.
And for more EASY Pork Recipes to inspire you to change up dinner, check out these from my friends at Sunday Supper:
- Braised Orange Tomato Pork Chops by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Braised Pork Chops with Country Gravy by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Breakfast Chops by Palatable Pastime
- Brown Sugar and Balsamic Glazed Pork Chops by My Sweet Savings
- Chili Rubbed Pork Chops with Apricot Ginger Glaze by Life Tastes Good
- Cider Braised Pork Chops with Apple and Rutabaga by Caroline’s Cooking
- Creamy Apple Pork Chops by Savory Experiments
- Easy Cilantro Lime Pork Chops by Cooking Chat
- Easy One Pan Oven Roasted Pork Chops by Pies and Plots
- Easy Oven Baked & Breaded Pork Chops by Hardly A Goddess
- Fontina Pork Chops with Mushroom Sauce by Soulfully Made
- Fried Pork Chops by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Grilled Boneless Pork Chops with Broccoli Rabe by Simple and Savory
- Grilled Pork Chops with a Strawberry Balsamic Glaze by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Indian-Spiced Pork Chop Potato Skillet by Sunday Supper Movement
- Japanese-Style Pork Chops Tonkatsu by Asian In America
- Mom’s Cornflake Pork Chops by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Mushroom Smothered Pork Chops over Noodles by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
And More Pork Chops
- One Pan Pesto Pork Chops by Cricket’s Confections
- Pork & Peppers Stir Fry by Wholistic Woman
- Pork Chops Dijonnaise by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pork Chops with Dirty Rice by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Pork Chops, Peperoncini and Potatoes by Tramplingrose
- Prosciutto Wrapped Brie and Onion Stuffed Pork Chops by The Freshman Cook
- Quick Brine Pork Chops with Brown Sugar Glaze by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Quick Easy Maple Glazed Pork Chops by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Skillet Tuscan Pork Chops by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Slow Cooker BBQ Pork Chops by Big Bear’s Wife
- Slow Cooker Pork Chops with Mushroom Sauce by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Spicy Maple-Glazed Pork Chops with Jalapeno Cheese Grits by The Weekend Gourmet
- Vietnamese Grilled Pork Chop by Brunch-n-Bites