These Skillet Pork Chops are an easy, one-pot dinner that features thinly sliced pork loin, kale, white beans, and tomatoes, for delicious Tuscan pork chops.
Whenever I hear the phrase pork chops, I immediately start singing to myself , “Pork Chop, pork chop, easy, greasy, we are going to beat you up easy, peasy.”
That is thanks to my husband, who apparently heard it at his school growing up at every football game. He sings it ALL THE TIME! And now I can’t help but think of it ALL THE TIME myself.
But when I truly think of pork, or pork chops, I don’t think greasy but I do think easy along with healthy, lean, and inexpensive.
Skillet Pork Chops
Thin pork cutlets cook up in no time and a great change up for chicken. And just like chicken, pork chops or cutlets are a blank canvas to absorb any flavor profile you throw at it.
This recipe for Skillet Pork Chops is made with Tuscan flavors for a delicious, one pot skillet dinner.
Pork chops are seared quickly and then quickly braised with white wine, fresh tomatoes, kale, white beans, garlic and capers for a flavorful dinner that comes together in about 20 minutes.
This savory, skillet pork dinner is packed with protein, fiber and flare.
How to Make Skillet Pork Chops
Step One: Sear Pork Chops
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in large skillet.
- Season pork on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Once oil is heated, sear pork on each side for 1-2 minutes per side.
- Remove pork chops and place on a plate.
Step Two: Deglaze Skillet
- Add in white wine, scraping up any brown bits from bottom of pan.
- Add in garlic, capers, and red pepper flakes if using.
- Saute for 2 minutes.
Step Three: Cook Pork Skillet
Add in kale, tomatoes, beans and seared pork.
Cover, reduce heat to medium, and simmer for 10 minutes or until pork is cooked through.
Serve with Parmesan Cheese if desired.
Notes on One Pot Skillet Pork Chops Recipe:
- If you do not like pork, use chicken cutlets
- If you have another hearty green (like mustard greens) use that instead of kale.
- If you do not have white wine on hand, use chicken stock in this Pork Chop Dinner.
More Pork Recipes
- Honey Garlic Pork Chops
- Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin with Apples and Sweet Potatoes
- Skillet Pork Tenderloin with Cabbage
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
Skillet Pork Chops Recipe
Tuscan Skillet Pork Chops
- 6 1/2 inch slice boneless pork chops or porkloin cutlets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated black pepper
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon capers drained
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 cups fresh kale chopped
- 2 cups cooked white beans
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes optional
- Freshly grated Parmesan Cheese optional
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in large skillet. Season pork on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Once oil is heated, sear pork on each side for 1-2 minutes per side. Remove pork to a plate.
- Add in white wine and scrape up any browned bits from bottom of pan.
- Cover, reduce heat to medium, and simmer for 10 minutes or until pork is cooked through.
- Serve with Parmesan Cheese if desired.
- Add in garlic, capers, and red pepper flakes if using. Saute for 2 minutes. Add in kale, tomatoes, beans and seared pork.