Mongolian Chicken couldn’t be easier to make when prepared in the crock-pot. This Slow Cooker Mongolian Chicken is made with a naturally sweetened rich and spicy sauce and fresh snow peas for a delicious family meal.
I am a bit obsessed with Mongolian Chicken from a Chinese restaurant by my parent’s house.
This locally owned mom and pop restaurant has the best authentic Chinese food and their Mongolian Chicken is amazing. It is a bit sweet, a bit savory and just delicious!
Mongolian sauce is a slightly sweet, slightly spicy, rich sauce that is typically served with beef or chicken.
The Mongolian sauce is made with soy sauce, hot sauce, garlic, ginger and a sweetener.
In the case of this Mongolian Chicken, I use pineapple juice as my sweetener. I find it pairs perfectly with the soy sauce and garlic. Plus, it lets me use less added sugars, keeping this Mongolian Chicken lighter than what would be served at a Chinese restaurant.
How to Make Mongolian Chicken in the Slow Cooker
Mongolian Chicken can be prepared in a variety of ways, but I love using my slow cooker on busy days to get an easy, homemade Chinese meal on the table.
Step One: Prepare Chicken
- Cut boneless, skinless chicken breasts into 1 inch cubes.
- Place in ziploc plastic bag and add cornstarch.
- Toss to coat the chicken in the cornstarch.
- Place chicken in slow cooker.
Step Two: Prepare Mongolian Sauce
- Whisk together pineapple juice, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes together.
- Pour over chicken in crock-pot.
Step Three: Slow Cook Mongolian Chicken
- Cook on low for 5 hours and 30 minutes.
- Cook on high for 2 hours and 30 minutes.
Step Four: Add in Snow Peas
- Add fresh snow peas in slow cooker and toss to coat.
- Turn Slow Cooker to HIGH, if not already, and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
Step Five: Serve Mongolian Chicken
- Serve with steamed rice.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve with hot sauce if desired.
More Homemade Chinese Recipes
- Instant Pot Mongolian Beef
- Instant Pot Orange Chicken
- Easy 30 Minute Orange Chicken
- Stir-Fried Chicken and Bok Choy
- Easy Homemade Ramen
- Easy Vegetable Fried Rice
Mongolian Chicken Recipe
Slow Cooker Mongolian Chicken
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, into chunks
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce like Sriracha
- 1 pound fresh snow peas
- Coat the chicken in the cornstarch and place into slow cooker.
- Mix the soy sauce, pineapple juice, honey, garlic, ginger, hot sauce, and chili flakes togther. Pour over chicken.
- Cook on low for 5 hours and 30 minutes, or cook on high for 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- Add fresh snow peas in slow cooker and toss to coat. Turn Slow Cooker to HIGH, if not already, and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
To Make Slow Cooker Mongolian Chicken, You May Need
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Thanks so much for being a part of A Mind Full Mom!