This Strawberry Pizza with Arugula is a savory, unique flatbread pizza. A cheese pizza is brought to life with subtle sweetness from strawberries, sharpness from arugula, and a rich balsamic drizzle. It is a pizza like you have never had and will always remember!
My daughter has an obsession with strawberries. If I let her, she would eat so many strawberries she would soon turn into one!
Whether eating strawberries in sweet dishes or in savory dishes, the girl can never have enough strawberries.
And one of her favorite savory strawberry recipes is this Strawberry Pizza.
Strawberries on a pizza may sound odd to some, but stop for a moment and think about it.
- It is classic to pair strawberries with feta or blue cheese in a salad.
- It is also classic to top a pizza with tomato slices–and tomatoes are a fruit as well.
The sweetness from the strawberries contrasts perfectly with the richness of the cheese. I am telling you that strawberries paired with mozzarella and feta cheese on a crispy flatbread crust are perfection–one bite and I know you will agree!
How to make Strawberry Pizza
Step One: The Pizza Crust
- Start with naan bread or pre-baked homemade pizza crust. If using a homemade crust, pre-bake for 10 minutes in a 400-degree oven before topping.
Step Two: Top Strawberry Pizza
- Top the flatbread with mozzarella, feta, strawberries, and a pinch of rosemary.
Step Three: Bake Strawberry Pizza
- Bake until the cheese is JUST melted and strawberries are warm.
Step Four: Top Strawberry Pizza
- Once Baked, finish this savory strawberry pizza with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar and fresh peppery arugula.
- Those last two ingredients help tremendously in enriching the flavor of this simple strawberry flatbread.
More Strawberry Recipes
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pancakes
- Overnight Strawberries and Cream Steel Cut Oatmeal
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cups
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Smoothie
- Gluten-Free Strawberry Shortcake from Gluten Free Palate
- 1 16 ounce flatbread or Naan style bread
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup fresh Strawberries sliced
- 6 ounces fresh Mozzarella sliced
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves minced
- 1 1/2 cups fresh arugula
- 2 tablespoons good quality balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Brush the flatbread with olive oil. Spread out the slices of mozzarella evenly over the flatbread or pre-cooked dough. Spread the strawberries over the cheese and sprinkle with the feta and rosemary.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly.
- Top with arugula and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.