Strawberry and Arugula Pizza: A cheese pizza is brought to life with subtle sweetness from strawberries, sharpness from arugula and a rich balsamic drizzle. It is a pizza like you have never had and will always remember!
My daughter has an obsession with strawberries. I believe if I let her, she would eat so many strawberries she would soon turn into one!
She anxiously awaits strawberry picking season and begs for the largest basket to fill up for her eating delight. She loves fresh strawberries, homemade Strawberry Chia Jam, Chocolate Covered Strawberry Smoothie, and Strawberry Shortcake Breakfast Bars, to name a few.
Truth be told, I really love strawberries too. Seeing strawberries arrive at my local farmer’s market gets me jazzed up for some of my favorite Strawberry dishes like Strawberry Cheesecake Pancakes, Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cups and this Strawberry and Arugula Pizza.
Strawberry Arugula Pizza
Strawberries on a pizza may sound odd to some, but stop for a moment and think about it.
- It is classic to pair strawberries with feta or blue cheese in a salad.
- It is also classic to top a pizza with tomato slices–and tomatoes are a fruit as well.
The sweetness from the strawberries contrast perfectly with the richness of the cheese. I am telling you that strawberries paired with mozzarella and feta cheese on a crispy flatbread crust is perfection–one bite and I know you will agree!
How to make Strawberry Feta Pizza
Start with a naan bread or pre-baked homemade pizza crust.
Top the flatbread with mozzarella, feta, strawberries and pinch of rosemary.
Once Baked, finish this savory strawberry pizza with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar and fresh peppery arugula. Those last two ingredients help tremendously in enriching the flavor of a this simple strawberry flatbread.
On a side note, do you know just how good for your body strawberries truly are?
- Antioxidant Rich
- Rich in Vitamin C– 1 cup of strawberries provide 160% of daily vitamin C.
- Filled with flavonoid that help prevent heart disease.
- Rich in potassium which helps control blood pressure.
- Contain phytochemicals which are known to help prevent cancer and reduce inflammation.
- Not to mention perfectly sweet enough to put a smile on all our faces, even without all the reasons they keep our bodies healthy.
More Strawberry Recipes
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pancakes
- Overnight Strawberries and Cream Steel Cut Oatmeal
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cups
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Smoothie
- Gluten Free Strawberry Shortcake from Gluten Free Palate
Strawberry Arugula Flatbread Pizza Recipe
Strawberry and Arugula Pizza
A cheese pizza is brought to life with subtle sweetness from strawberries, sharpness from arugula and a rich balsamic drizzle.
- 1 16 ounce flatbread or Naan style bread (or 1 pound homemade pizza dough, rolled out and prebaked at 400 degrees for 10 minutes)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup fresh Strawberries sliced
- 6 ounces fresh Mozzarella sliced
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves minced
- 1 1/2 cups fresh arugula
- 2 tablespoons good quality balsamic vinegar
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Brush the flatbread with olive oil. Spread out the slices of mozzarella evenly over the flatbread or pre-cooked dough. Spread the strawberries over the cheese and sprinkle with the feta and rosemary.
Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly.
Top with arugula and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.