Rice is tossed with sweet and spicy edamame, fresh mango, and lime juice for a delicious Sweet Chili Lime Rice Salad. This easy edamame rice is packed with flavor and protein and makes a perfect side dish or vegan entree.
My family is kind of obsessed with sweet chili sauce.
It is a Sweet and Spicy Rice Salad that is loved by my picky husband, my middle schoolboy, my little girl, and ME! So you know when you can make a vegetarian dish that the whole family loves–it is a must-try!
The rice salad is a bit sweet, a bit spicy, and oh so fresh thanks to the lime juice and fresh mango.
With the added roasted edamame, this rice salad packs a huge punch of protein so whether served as a side dish or a vegan entree, this rice dish will keep you satisfied.
How to Make Chili-Lime Rice Salad
Step One: Prepare Rice
This rice salad starts with a base of lime rice, but feel free to use quinoa or a mix of both as well.
- Bring coconut water (or vegetable stock or water) to a boil.
- Add in rice and pinch of salt and reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer according to package directions (about 45 minutes).
- Once the rice has finished cooking, mix in lime zest and 1 tablespoon lime juice.
Pro-Tip: Make this FASTER by using leftover Instant Pot Brown Rice.
Step Two: Roast Edamame
- Whisk together apricot preserves, soy sauce, sriracha, and garlic together.
- Toss with defrosted edamame.
- Roast edamame at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
Step Three: Prepare Mango
- Toss mango with red pepper flakes, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1 tablespoon lime juice. This is a combination I learned in St. Lucia–and OH is it perfect!
Step Four: Assemble Rice Salad
- Mix together prepared rice, roasted edamame, mango, and spinach, if using.
- Serve immediately warm or refrigerate and serve within 3 days.
More Rice Recipes
- Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice
- Mediterranean Chicken and Rice Skillet
- Slow Cooker Lemon Garlic Chicken and Rice
- Easy Vegetable Fried Rice
- Creamy and Cheesy Chicken and Rice
- Vegan Butternut Squash Rice
Chili Lime Rice Salad Recipe
Sweet Chili Lime Rice
- 1 cup brown rice or quinoa
- 2 cups coconut water or regular water
- 1 lime juice and zest
- 1 1/4 teaspoons of salt divided
- 1 1/3 cups frozen shelled edamame thawed
- 2 tablespoon apricot all fruit or apricot preserves
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce tamari for gfree
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 fresh mango diced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach optional
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bring coconut water to a boil. Add rice and 1 teaspoon salt and let simmer, covered, on low for 45 minutes, or according to package directions. Once rice has cooked, add zest of lime and 1 tablespoon lime juice and mix well.
- While rice is cooking, whisk together apricot preserves, soy sauce, sriracha and garlic together. Toss with edamame and roast for 20 minutes in oven.
- Toss mango with red pepper flakes, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1 tablespoon lime juice.
- Toss prepared rice with roasted edamame, mango, and spinach if using and serve.
- I used a whole grain rice and quinoa mixture for this rice salad, but all rice or quinoa works perfectly as well.
- If using quinoa, decrease cooking liquid to 1 1/4 cups.
- Serve this rice salad immediately warm or refrigerate and serve within 3 days.