These Healthy Gluten-Free Trail Mix Bars are an easy, healthy snack bar that is filled with nuts, dried cranberries, seeds, and a whole lot of protein! They are also gluten-free, dairy-free, and easy to make.
My kids are always hungry. ALWAYS hungry.
I have to constantly have snacks on hand. And preferably nutritious and filling snacks around.
That is why I am always making a homemade granola bar of some type. And these Trail Mix Bars happen to be my son’s new favorite–and I must admit that I am happy to snag a few myself post work-out.
I filled these gluten-free trail mix bars with gluten-free oats, eggs, almond milk, flax seeds, chia seeds, bananas, maple syrup, chopped almonds, peanuts, raisins, and dried cranberries.
These bars are like trail mix on steroids. There is so much nutrition packed into one little bar. It is a satisfying, tasty treat that even will fill up a growing boy! Which trust me, that is hard to do!
Tips on Homemade Trail Mix Bar Recipe
- These gluten-free snack bars are also a PERFECT post-workout snack as they are full of potassium, protein, calcium, and fiber–all which aid in recovery.
- I used almond milk for these trail mix granola bars, but any milk of choice works.
- Be sure to use gluten-free oats to keep these trail mix bars gluten-free.
- Either old-fashioned oats or quick-cooking oats work for these homemade snack bars.
- Use any mix of nuts and dried fruit you like in this recipe for trail mix bars.
Trail Mix Snack Bars
- 2 cups certified gluten-free oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 extra ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup almond butter or peanut butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x9 baking dish.
- In a food processor, blend together the oats, baking powder, almond milk, bananas, eggs, peanut butter, maple syrup, vanilla, chia seeds, and flax seeds together until batter is smooth.
- Stir in raisins, cranberries, almonds, and sunflower seeds.
- Spread in baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes or until set.
- Cool and cut into squares