Sweet Potato Oatmeal
Healthy Baked Sweet Potato Oatmeal is an easy baked oatmeal recipe that tastes just like a sweet potato casserole. This Sweet Potato Oatmeal is warming, hearty, and full of incredible flavor.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time25 mins
- 2 cups uncooked old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh nutmeg
- 1 cup sweet potato puree
- 2 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups milk I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 2 quart or 8 inch square pan with butter or coconut oil.
Mix together milk, maple syrup, vanilla, egg, cinnamon, nutmeg, sweet potato puree, baking powder, flax and salt together until well combined. Add in oats and stir just until incorporated and oats are coated.
Bake for 25-30 minutes, until oats are tender and moisture has been absorbed.
Serve warm with additional maple syrup and chopped walnuts if desired.
- Leftover baked oatmeal can be stored covered in the fridge for 3-4 days. Reheat in the microwave before serving.
- Use any milk you like for this sweet potato oatmeal. I have used regular milk, coconut milk and almond milk with great success.
- I used old fashioned oats for this recipes, but quick cooking oats work as well. Do NOT use steel cut oats. Be sure to use certified gluten free oats for a gluten free baked oatmeal recipe.
- You can use melted butter in place of the melted coconut oil.
- You can use brown sugar in place of the maple syrup. If you like your oatmeal very sweet use 1/2 cup maple syrup/brown sugar.
- If you don't have Sweet Potato Puree on hand, use canned pumpkin and add in 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger for a pumpkin pie version of baked oatmeal.
- To Prep Baked Oatmeal in advance: Assemble up to baking and cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours. Remove from fridge and pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until set.
Calories: 257kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 209mg | Potassium: 456mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 9010IU | Vitamin C: 9.2mg | Calcium: 165mg | Iron: 1.8mg