Roasted Butternut Squash Salad with Apple Cider Viniagrette
Roasted butternut squash, sweet pears, tart dried cranberries, sharp feta and a fresh Apple Cider Vinaigrette marry together to create simple, healthy salad that is filled with robust flavors.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time40 mins
Total Time55 mins
For the Roasted Squash
- 2 cups butternut squash cubed into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the Salad
- 5 ounces mixed baby greens
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 barlett pear, cubed into 1/2 inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped optional
For the Apple Cider Viniagrette
- 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
Roast the Butternut Squash
Make the Apple Cider Salad Dressing
Mix together the apple cider vinegar, honey, garlic, salt, pepper together. Slowly whisk in olive oil.
To Assemble the Salad
Mix together the greens, cranberries, diced pears, and feta and 1/4 cup of the salad dressing together. Top with Roasted Butternut Squash and walnuts if using. Serve with additional dressing on the side.
- This salad is best served immediately after assembling. To prepare in advance, prepare the ingredients and keep separate and toss together right before serving.
- If Feta Cheese is not your thing, you can use Goat Cheese. Or leave the cheese out altogether for a dairy free salad.
- To make the Apple Cider Dressing vegan, substitute maple syrup for honey.
- The walnuts add a nice crunch to the salad, but omit for nut allergies, or use candied nuts or honey roasted peanuts.
Calories: 182kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 877mg | Potassium: 246mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 5265IU | Vitamin C: 16.6mg | Calcium: 69mg | Iron: 0.6mg