Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
An easy recipe for tender homemade pizza dough crust.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time12 mins
Resting Time45 mins
Total Time22 mins
Servings: 1 pizza crust
- 3/4 cups warm water 105-100 degrees
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1 3/4 cups whole white wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Pizza Dough By Hand/Mixer
Combine the water, honey and yeast and let sit for about 5-10 minutes in a large mixing bowl (or bowl of your stand mixer with dough hook attached.)
Mix in the oil. Add the flour and salt slowly and mix in as you go, with dough hook or large spatula mix together dough until well combined.
Once mixed, knead for 8-9 minutes by hand on a lightly floured surface or with your dough hook on low-medium speed for 5-7 minutes.
Place dough in oiled bowl and cover and leave in warm spot for 30-45 minutes.
Punch dough dough and let rest another 10-15 minutes.
Pizza Dough in Bread Machine
Pour water into bread machine. Add in honey and oil.
Add in flour and salt. Make a well in flour and add yeast.
Set bread machine to dough cycle.
To Bake Homemade Pizza Dough
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
For thin crust: Roll out dough to 1/8 inch thick and top as desired. Bake on pizza stone or baking sheet for 12-15 minutes.
For thicker crust: Roll dough out to 1/4 inch thick and top as desired. Bake on pizza stone or baking sheet for 18-20 minutes.
- Substitute white sugar for honey for VEGAN whole wheat pizza dough.
- Feel free to add in up to 1 teaspoon each of garlic powder, Italian seasoning, oregano, crushed red pepper flakes for additional flavor to you pizza crust.
- 100% whole wheat flour can be used as well, but does yield a denser crust than whole white wheat flour.
- All-purpose flour can be used in place of white wheat flour as well.
- Measure your water in measuring cup designed for liquid measurements and spoon your flour into your measuring cups to get a more accurate measurement than scooping flour right from bag.
Calories: 108kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 146mg | Potassium: 57mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 0.7mg