Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin
The Instant Pot perfectly cooks up pork tenderloin along with a delicious sweet and savory sweet potato apple mash. This Instant Pot meal is an all in one meal made in less than 30 minutes.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time4 mins
Pressure Time15 mins
Total Time9 mins
- 1 1/4 pound pork tenderloin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper divided
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 cup apple cider or apple juice (NOT APPLE CIDER VINEGAR!!!!)
- 3 large sweet potatoes peeled and cubed into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 large apple cubed
- 1 large sweet onion cubed
- 3 cloves garlic peeled
Season pork tenderloin with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Turn instant pot to saute function. Once pressure cooker is heated, pour in 2 teaspoons oil. Sear tenderloin on each side until just browned--about 1 minute per side. Remove pork from instant pot.
Pour apple cider or juice into inner pot and scrape up any browned bits of bottom of instant pot.
Add in diced sweet potatoes, onions, apples, garlic, and remaining salt and pepper. Place the pork tenderloin back in pressure cooker on top of vegetables.
Secure lid on instant pot and turn vent knob to sealed.
Cook on high pressure:4 minutes for 165 degrees3 minutes for 155 degrees2 minutes for 145 degrees
Allow pressure to release for 10 minutes and then do a quick release. Remove pork from instant pot and place on cutting board to slice.
While pork is resting on cutting board, use a hand held-immersion blender or a potato masher, to combine the sweet potatoes, apples and onions until smooth. (Remove 1/2 cup cooking liquid if you would like a thicker mash.)
Serve pork alongside the sweet potato apple puree.
- Sweet Potato Mash: There will be a lot of cooking liquid, feel free to remove 1/2 cup with a ladle or measuring cup before blending up the sweet potatoes and apples, for a thicker sweet potato mash. You can also opt to serve the apples, onions and sweet potatoes whole instead of serving it as a mash.
- Apple Cider: Feel free to use apple juice in place of apple cider. But DO NOT USE APPLE CIDER VINEGAR--this recipe is for apple cider or apple juice. Vinegar will ruin your dish.
- Pork Tenderloin without Sweet Potatoes and Apples: Sear the pork tenderloin as directed, and then add in apple cider to the Instant Pot and scrape up any browned bits from bottom of inner pot. Add in the onions and garlic and place tenderloin back in pressure cooker and cook as directed.
- Frozen Pork Tenderloin: skip Searing Pork Tenderloin and cook on high pressure for 12 minutes. If you want to add in sweet potatoes and apples, cut them into 2 inch chunks to account for the longer cook time.
Calories: 166kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 61mg | Sodium: 633mg | Potassium: 456mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 90IU | Vitamin C: 2.6mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 1mg