You will never buy Garlic Texas Toast again! Homemade Garlic Toast is easy to make at home with a few ingredients and simple steps. This simple garlic toast recipe is perfect to serve with pastas, soups, or on it's own!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
- 1 pound loaf Italian Bread sliced into 1 inch thick slices
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese optional
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
In a small bowl mix together softened butter with minced garlic, salt and oregano.
Spread each side of the sliced Italian Bread with the garlic butter.
Sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese if desired.
Place baking sheet into a preheated oven and toast for 3-4 minutes. Flip slices of bread over and toast for 2-3 minutes on the remaining side.
- If you want Dairy Free Garlic Bread, use olive oil in place of butter and omit Parmesan Cheese.
- Feel free to use 1 teaspoon dried garlic powder in place of fresh garlic. Fresh is best for taste, but dried will work.
Calories: 190kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 189mg | Potassium: 85mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 85IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 2mg | Iron: 0.8mg